For information about group meetings, click where and when groups meet, then click the group name.
To find out more - click the pigeon to send a message to the group leader
We are a lively discussion group of up to 25 people, focusing on one topical issue per meeting, and giving everybody a chance to have their say. We often find we’ve learned something new or completely unexpected by the end of a session. We pick the next topic by consensus at the end of the previous meeting and in most cases we invite one or two members of the group to do some research in the topic area to help to kick-start the discussion with a short briefing . We aim to live up to the U3A motto of “Live, Learn, and Laugh”.
Topics for 2019-20 have included:
• Are we witnessing the end of democracy, now?
• Conspiracy Theories – why are they so common?
• Who should be allowed to vote?
• How can we exercise our choices to decarbonise transport?
• Should we all go vegan?
• Social standards – are they falling or ware we just getting less tolerant?
• The Gender Debate