Tai Chi 3
For information about group meetings, click where and when groups meet, then click the group name.
To find out more - click the pigeon to send a message to the group leader
For administrative purposes, we have four Tai Chi groups, but members are welcome to attend any week they are free, provided only that there is space in the group. Each week has a separate coordinator; therefore members have to enrol separately with each coordinator.
Studies have shown that Tai Chi, being a low impact exercise, can help older people to reduce stress, improve posture, balance and mobility and increase strength in the legs, without stress to the joints or muscles.
Every week is led by our dedicated instructor from Hong Kong who takes us through a series of gentle flowing movements, all accompanied by beautiful Chinese music.
Some comments from our members:
- 'I look forward to it every week – I wouldn't miss it'
- 'I can arrive tense and stressed and within minutes I've relaxed'
- 'I just go with the flow'
- 'It all feels so easy yet I feel as if I've had a great work-out'
- 'I always come away feeling so much better'
If there's space in our group, you'll be very welcome to join.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.