Book Group 6
For information about group meetings, click where and when groups meet, then click the group name.
To find out more - click the pigeon to send a message to the group leader
2019-20 has been a good year for Book Group 6. We have 6 members and we meet in people’s homes. We each suggested some titles for books and then voted for the ones we wanted to read. Books for this year included:
• The Long Song, Andrea Levy
• Transcription, Kate Atkinson
• The Quaker, Liam McIlvanney
• Joseph Knight, James Robertson
• Sweet Caress: the many lives of Amory Clay, William Boyd
• Beneath a scarlet sky, Mark Sullivan
• Never let me go, Kazuo Ishiguro
We had stimulating discussions on these books, and many other topics. Unfortunately, the last two meetings of the year were cancelled because of Covid 19. We had an email discussion about one book and will keep the remaining book for next year. We would welcome another couple of members if there is interest.