Spanish Conversation 2
|Grupo español dos, el líder/Coordinator:||Bernie N|
Aims and Objectives of the group:
To equip members with sufficient functional Spanish which will enhance their visit to a Spanish speaking country:
• Act as a Self-help group
• Members able to develop at their own pace acknowledging this is early in our journey
• Provide the opportunity to speak and receive basic instructions in another language
• Develop confidence in pronouncing words within a safe environment and without pressure to always get it right.
• Awareness of the evidence about good memory maintenance in the 3 rd age group
• Any expertise needed:
• Basic or rudimentary use of the Spanish language
Equipment needed (rough costs if any): None except for specific projects.
Maximum number permitted in the group: 7
Location, day and time of meetings:
Own home in Dunstable LU5. 2nd & 4th Wednesday’s each month at 2 pm.
A brief description of a typical meeting:
• Meet and greet each other in Spanish.
• Each person will have prepared for the subject matter of the day
• Using our prepared homework hold a conversation with a group member
• Each member, in turn gets a chance to practice their conversational Spanish
• Review and repeat regular everyday phrases such as: time, days of the week, colours & clothes
• Use Spanish videos for perfecting pronunciation of words & learning new ones
• Had a lot of fun getting ready for singing Feliz Navidad at the Christmas concert.
• Subject matter for next meeting agreed with a focus on covering everyday situations of the average tourist visiting a Spanish speaking country
• Have a laugh whilst learning a new language.
Created: May 2020