|Leader/Coordinator:||Contact name - Daphne J|
Aims and Objectives of the group:
• To share the enjoyment of reading poetry aloud with like- minded members.
• To hold six meetings each session
• To fully participate in the meeting
• As a group select monthly themes
• To enjoy the well known poets/poems; discover the lesser known poets and poems of the past, and share with the members our favourite poets and poems
• On occasions - to invite local poets; attend poetry readings; visits out
Any expertise needed:
None , other than an interest in and enjoyment of poetry.
Equipment needed (rough costs if any): None.
Maximum number permitted in the group:. 15
Location, day and time of meetings:
The Langdale Church, Langdale Road, Dunstable. Fourth Monday of Sept., Oct., Nov., Jan., Feb. and March 10:00am - 12:00noon.
A brief description of a typical meeting:
• Any notices
• Reading/conversation about the poets/poems
• Refreshment break
• Enjoying the company and poetry.