Spanish Conversation 1
Aims and Objectives of the group:
• To be able to speak a few sentences in Spanish and understand simple conversations
• Increase confidence in speaking a foreign language
• Developing vocabulary and some grammar
• To have fun
Any expertise needed:
Some basic Spanish.
To be familiar with common verbs and a basic level of vocabulary.
Equipment needed (rough costs if any):
Nothing essential, but there are a few books that we use regularly plus a good dictionary.
Practice makes Perfect, Spanish Verb Tenses by Dorothy Devney Richmond
Victor’s Adventures in Spain by Gordon and Cynthia Smith- Duran
Maximum number permitted in the group: 6
Location, day and time of meetings:
Leaders's home, 2nd and 4th Monday every month 2 – 4 pm
A brief description of a typical meeting:
A mixture of the following:
• To start each person describes what they have done/will do
• Reading out loud a story in Spanish, plus listening to the text in Spanish
• A short grammar exercise
• Use of flash cards
• Bringing pictures to the group and talking about them in Spanish
• Focusing on a specific topic such as going to a restaurant, asking directions, buying produce in a shop, discussing medical problems....
• Use of websites such as Spanish with Paul and Lightspeed Spanish
Revised: May 2020