Walks (Half Day - Tues)
GROUP LEADER: If you want further details, please feel free to contact the group by clicking on the "carrier pigeon" in the top right-hand corner.
VACANCIES: None at present
DATE AND FREQUENCY: The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesday morning of each month. Walks are 2 to 2.5 hours duration finishing with a lunch. Please note: The default meeting time is 10.15 with a 10.30 start. If the walk is likely to take longer than usual, walk leaders should suggest a slightly earlier start time or let walkers know that lunch will be at a slightly later time.
DESCRIPTION: Leaders for each walk are volunteers from within the group, they choose the length of walk which is usually between 4-5.5 (with, as far as is possible, a maximum of 6 miles), they will survey a route prior to the walk and will provide a suitable description of the walk in terms of length and difficulty (terrain, stiles etc.) plus ensuring suitable arrangements for lunch. These arrangements will be e-mailed to members. We meet up annually to review the walks we have done and discuss changes we want to make in light of our experiences.
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS OF RUTLAND U3A Walking Groups:
1. All walkers are responsible for the safety of themselves & others during the walk.
2. You should ensure you know what each walk involves and that you are physically able to do the walk on the actual day. Only you know your own capabilities & limitations! (Walk Leaders will provide some information to help you to make this decision and you can ask further questions if you are unsure.)
3. We ask that all walkers carry ICE (In Case of Emergency) information, giving contact details and medical information.(The leader of the Tuesday walk will also have a manual list of ICE numbers for those that have given them)
4. If you have any health conditions that may require you to use prescribed or other medication during the walk, please ensure you take supplies (inhaler, anti-histamines or whatever) with you.
5. The walk/group leader may need your mobile phone number in certain circumstances. Unless you let us know that you are not happy for your number to be disclosed, the Groups Co-Ordinator will supply data to be held on a manual list carried each walk.
See 'Our next walk' page for details of the next walk including when and where to meet. Details are available seven days before the walk.
Group members sometimes arrange to 'car share' to and from walk starting points. For practical reasons, these arrangements need to be made between individual members and cannot be made by the group or walk leaders.