Crown Green Bowls
Venue: Fulwood Bowling Club, 75, Victoria Road, Fulwood, Preston PR2 8NH.
Pictures of The Club on Link RH
Day: EVERY Saturday (weather permitting) 11am-1pm (winter Times)
10-12 Noon (Summer Times)
Cost: £2.50 per session.
Group Leader: Glen Crook. Tel.01772 718311.
Bowls/Woods are available for use to new members.
In 2018 we had a total 432 members bowl over the year and we only had 5 Saturdays that the weather was completely against us and were unable to play.
An average of 8 members attended on the Saturdays over the year
The club received £140 for the use of the green from Non-Fulwood club members which is a great help in running the bowling club.
Foot ware on the Green
May I remind all Bowler that flat shoes with no studs MUST be worn when playing on the green , as damage was caused in September to the green by player using the green with incorrect footwear
12th Sept 2020 We are still playing each Saturday morning during the Problem times On the 12th Sept We had 13 members playing this week, as we play in 4's we don't have any problem with large groups together , and the member are all trying to kept there distance from each other ,
Covid -19 regulations from the BCGBA
30 people allowed at the venue including those on green as long as all social distancing is
maintained (this will allow up to 30 people in total).
CORONAVIRUS – UPDATE (11/09/20) BCGBA
Following the recent announcement and changes to the Covid Legislation we can confirm clubs can continue to offer organised bowling activity in a Covid-safe manner. Phase 3 falls within the sporting exemption allowed. Clubs should continue to follow the Phase 3 guidance and be aware that this is now backed up by the legislation changes. You can continue to take part in organised outdoor sports when restrictions on social gatherings are introduced from Monday 14th September.
• Social distancing 2 metres or 1 metre plus mitigation (this would require additional measures such as face coverings to allow 1 metre,and/or ensuring good hygiene and cleaning is maintained at all times)
• Players should maintain social distancing and keep up to 4 metres between groups to allow for social distancing between groups
• Only U3A Club members allowed. .
• Equipment to be disinfected/cleaned before and after each game is completed, ie. jacks and mats.
• Shaking of hands – use appropriate alternative methods. ie. elbows, thumbs up etc.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
• Follow strong hygiene practices at every opportunity - wash your hands when you get home
• Once you have completed your session, please depart as soon as you safely can to enable others to access the green.
• Being careful about touching solid surfaces e.g. gates, seating, doors, etc.
• Wash your hands as soon as you get home, avoid touching your face and take hand sanitiser with you to use while out if possible
Plan for playing at the club
Try and keep social distancing at all time as above
The drinks for the mid break will be made in the kitchen at the club which will have to be pre ordered when you arrive and served to allow for social distancing