Group Leader: Anne Stuart. Tel. 01772 496832
The Easy Walks Group meets on the 4th Thursday of the month in the morning.
Dog policy: Dogs are allowed on walks but a maximum of two only. Anyone bringing a dog should let the walk leader know in advance.
EASY WALKS GUIDELINES:
1. REGULAR. Usually the same time and day each month, starting and ending at the same place. Some walks will take place in local parks.
2. SHORT. Not longer than 90 minutes, normally around 60 minutes and sometimes shorter.
3. EASY. Accessible to all, particularly people who are currently inactive, and accessible by public transport. Usually take place on surfaced paths.
4. FREE. To U3A members.
5. LED. By a designated Walk Leader each month.
6. SOCIABLE. With new walkers welcomed and often a cafe stop at the end. The object being to help participants enjoy the social and health benefits of walking.
Here is the latest programme for 2019:
22nd August Start at the Yew Tree Inn in Walton-le-Dale adjacent to the Capitol Centre. 11.20am start. Catch the 11.05am 152 bus service Preston to Burnley from stand 28 Preston Bus Station. Walk leader: Harry Chaloner.
26th September – Longridge Heritage Walk – 1 ½ miles – about 1 ½ hours. Meet at 11 am at the Millennium Cross about half way down Berry Lane. Bus to Longridge every 10 minutes, get off at Terminus in Berry Lane. Vivienne & Bob – 01772 724412
24th October - Hurst Grange Park. Meet 11am in the Hill Road South carpark opposite park lodge entrance. Leader Emily Ditchfield. Tel. 01772 725264
28th November - The Guild Wheel and Mason's Wood In Fulwood. Meet at the Sherwood Pub on Sherwood Way at 11am. Parking available and the number 23 bus stops outside. The walk is 1.8 miles along the Guild Wheel and easy paths in Mason's Wood. Approx 1.25 to 1.5 hours. Lunch if desired at the Sherwood Pub afterwards. Walk Leader - Tony Cheetham