Acting Group Leader Tony Cheetham 01772 759415
The Easy Walks Group meets on the 4th Thursday of the month in the morning.
Dog policy: Dogs are allowed on walks but a maximum of two only. Anyone bringing a dog should let the walk leader know in advance.
EASY WALKS GUIDELINES:
1. REGULAR. Usually the same time and day each month, starting and ending at the same place. Some walks will take place in local parks.
2. SHORT. Not longer than 90 minutes, normally around 60 minutes and sometimes shorter.
3. EASY. Accessible to all, particularly people who are currently inactive, and accessible by public transport. Usually take place on surfaced paths.
4. FREE. To U3A members.
5. LED. By a designated Walk Leader each month.
6. SOCIABLE. With new walkers welcomed and often a cafe stop at the end. The object being to help participants enjoy the social and health benefits of walking.
CURRENT WALKS PROGRAMME
The Group resumed it's activities in August and is now adhering to the current Tier 3 restrictions operational in Lancashire.
This means we are limited to walking in groups of no more than 6 including the Walk Leader. However if 2 people are willing to lead separate walks we can accommodate upto 12 people including the 2 Walk Leaders. Social distancing must be observed and Walk Leaders must be familiar with their walks.
August 2020. Garstang Walk led by Alma Hort
September 2020 Mason's Wood Walk led by Lynne Oliver
October 2020 Lea Circular Walks led by Vivienne and Bob Hayes
26th November Docklands Walk led by Emily Ditchfield and Betsy Stringer
24th December Gregson Lane Circular led by Alan Cross and Tony Cheetham
With 2 leaders for each of these walks we can accommodate upto 10 people in 2 separate groups.Further details will be emailed to all members of the Easy Walks group.You MUST pre-book; turning up "on spec" as in the past is in breach of guidelines. Walks will commence at 11am.
You can book on these walks either through the Bluebird Link or by calling Tony Cheetham on 01772 759415