Group Leader: Anne Stuart. Tel. 01772 496832
The Easy Walks Group meets on the 4th Thursday of the month in the morning.
Dog policy: Dogs are allowed on walks but a maximum of two only. Anyone bringing a dog should let the walk leader know in advance.
EASY WALKS GUIDELINES:
1. REGULAR. Usually the same time and day each month, starting and ending at the same place. Some walks will take place in local parks.
2. SHORT. Not longer than 90 minutes, normally around 60 minutes and sometimes shorter.
3. EASY. Accessible to all, particularly people who are currently inactive, and accessible by public transport. Usually take place on surfaced paths.
4. FREE. To U3A members.
5. LED. By a designated Walk Leader each month.
6. SOCIABLE. With new walkers welcomed and often a cafe stop at the end. The object being to help participants enjoy the social and health benefits of walking.
Here is the latest programme for 2020:
Thursday 26th March. Meet at Morrison's on the docks by the 89 bus stop at 11am. Buses every 10 mins from Preston, Lea and Larches. Proceed halfway around the Docks at the Marina end and walk along Riversway to Penwortham Bridge. Walk up Holme Road to bench semi circle for views of the river. Snack can be taken here. Retrace steps along tarmac paths. Warm clothing and good trainers needed.
Walk total 1.5 hours. Back to the Marina Cafe for refreshments. Walk Leader: Betsy Stringer (Tel.01772 929945 or 07815 110543).
Thursday 23rd April. Circular walk in the Garstang area. Meet at Booth's 11am. Walk leader: Alma Hort.
Thursday 25th June. Walk around Haslam Park. Meet in the car park off Blackpool Road at 11am. Walk leader: Emily Ditchfield.