Acting Group Leader Tony Cheetham 01772 759415
Our Group is once again fully functional with no restrictions on the number of walk participants.
The Easy Walks Group meets on the 4th Thursday of the month in the morning.
Dog policy: Dogs are allowed on walks but a maximum of two only. Anyone bringing a dog should let the walk leader know in advance.
EASY WALKS GUIDELINES:
1. REGULAR. Usually the same time and day each month, starting and ending at the same place. Some walks will take place in local parks.
2. SHORT. Not longer than 90 minutes, normally around 60 minutes and sometimes shorter.
3. EASY. Accessible to all, particularly people who are currently inactive, and accessible by public transport. Usually take place on surfaced paths.
4. FREE. To U3A members.
5. LED. By a designated Walk Leader each month.
6. SOCIABLE. With new walkers welcomed and often a cafe stop at the end. The object being to help participants enjoy the social and health benefits of walking.
Thursday 22nd April Docklands Walk led by Emily Ditchfield and Betsy Stringer
Thursday 27th May South Ribble Bank led by Barbara Forshaw and Tony Cheetham
Thursday 24th June Garstang Circular led by Alma Hort and Ann Boyle
Thursday 22nd July Haslam Park led by Ann and Allan Smith
Thursday 26th August Gregson Lane Circular led by Harry Chaloner and Barbara Johnson
Thursday 23rd September Midgery Wood, Fulwood led by Lynne Oliver and Tony Cheetham. Start from Asda
Thursday 28th October Lea Circular led by Bob and Vivienne Hayes. Start from the bus stop after the Pig & Whistle on Blackpool Road.
I am now in the process of organising a programme of walks for the remainder of the year. I would be happy to hear from members who would be willing to lead specific walks in November and December.
Acting Group Leader