Group Leader: Anne Stuart. Tel. 01772 496832
The Easy Walks Group meets on the 4th Thursday of the month in the morning.
Dog policy: Dogs are allowed on walks but a maximum of two only. Anyone bringing a dog should let the walk leader know in advance.
EASY WALKS GUIDELINES:
1. REGULAR. Usually the same time and day each month, starting and ending at the same place. Some walks will take place in local parks.
2. SHORT. Not longer than 90 minutes, normally around 60 minutes and sometimes shorter.
3. EASY. Accessible to all, particularly people who are currently inactive, and accessible by public transport. Usually take place on surfaced paths.
4. FREE. To U3A members.
5. LED. By a designated Walk Leader each month.
6. SOCIABLE. With new walkers welcomed and often a cafe stop at the end. The object being to help participants enjoy the social and health benefits of walking.
Here is the latest programme for 2020:
23rd January 2020: Meet at 11am by the Peel Statue on the left hand side of Winckley Square as you look from the Fishergate end.
From there we will follow the paths along and around Avenham Park and Miller Park on a route that is fairly traditional for the bad weather month of January sticking to firm pathways.
We will not venture across the Ribble due to the bridge restrictions and the current state of the pathways on the other side.
The walk is about 2 miles in length and should take about 1-1.5 hours. Refreshments are available either in the Park Cafe or at the Continental at the far end of Miller Park. Walk Leader Tony Cheetham.