Welcome to the Ripon U3A walking group.
We have some of the most beautiful countryside in Britain on our doorstep and many people would like to get out and see more of it. Hopefully this group will help people do just that and see places they have never seen before. My role is to coordinate the walks programme and also lead some walks.
There are now nearly 60 names on the group's list and several walks are held every month. With so many people in so many U3A groups we can't fix on any particular day and we try and walk on various days of the week to hopefully accommodate everyone.
We need people to offer to lead walks which can then be included in the programme and circulated to members of the group. At present, we are trying to have 2 or 3 coffee mornings annually for all members, in order to put together an appropriate walks programme for circulation. This is also an opportunity to meet other walkers and discuss any issues that have arisen.
The walk leader decides on the length, area and date of the walk and it is advisable to contact the leader to ensure it is still going ahead and to inform that you are interested in attending. If you take part in a walk and like to take photographs please pass them on to me and I can include them on the site.
If you are willing to volunteer to lead a walk, can you please email me the following information:-
- Name of the person leading the walk
- Leader's contact details- land line and mobile if possible
- Date of walk
- Start time of walk
- Exact place of start of walk preferably including a map reference
- A start time from High Cleugh,Ripon so people have the option to meet up with others and share transport
- The length of the walk and some indication of climb and terrain
- Whether packed lunch is needed, or a pub/tearoom lunch will be arranged.
Please click the link (top right of page) to see the Walks Programme for November 2018 - April 2019.
Hope we will have many enjoyable walks in the future
Christine Bennett firstname.lastname@example.org