The Garden Visits are generally from 2.00 to 5.00pm. Details of each visit will be available at the U3A Wednesday meetings.
Dates and details of Garden Visits for 2019 and the two previous years are shown below.
For more information contact Vivienne Hayday on 01844 339411.
Visit dates for 2019:
Wednesday 24 April - Chenies Manor House, Near Amersham Bucks, WD3 6ER.
Cost: £11.50 a head (includes the garden visit and tea and cake after).
That time in April is Tulip time for Chenies, which is famous for its Sunken Garden of tulips.
Wednesday 22 May - Blewbury Manor, Berry Lane, Blewbury Oxon, OX11 9QJ.
Cost: £7.00 a head (includes the visit, tour and tea and biscuits/cake).
It is approximately 10 acres of mixed gardens. It consists of both formal and informal parts of garden. It has a kitchen garden, woodland, meadows, stream etc. A fascinating estate.
Tuesday 25 June - Compton Beauchamp, Swindon, SN6 8NX.
Cost: £7.00 a head (includes tea and cake/biscuits).
This garden is not normally open to the public. It is part of a huge estate of which 4 acres is garden. There is a moat round the house and there are many examples of very old trees and large and old examples of topiary.
Wednesday 24 July - Kingsbridge Farm, Steeple Claydon, Buckingham, MK18 2EJ.
Cost: £11.00 a head (includes visit and tea with cakes/biscuits).
Consisting of 6+ acres of garden and the owner is always making changes and improvement in this garden. Some of the design elements are quite stunning. There is a stream that runs through the garden and the planting is very mixed.
Wednesday 14 August - Well Barn, Moulsford, Oxon, OX10 9JS.
Cost: £7.00 a head (includes visit, tea and cake/biscuits).
This garden is not normally open to the public. Consisting of11 acres of garden, part of a much bigger estate. Many vegetables are grown, with plants and flowers. An orchard has been planted and there are some large green houses to grow micro greens and hot house plants. A huge lake and island, as well as keeping bees, chickens etc.
Visits in 2018:
- 18 April - Upper Green, Brill Road, Horton cum Studley. OX33 1BU
- 9 May - Red Kites, 46 Haw Lane, Bledlow Ridge HP14 4JJ
- 12 June - Orchard House, Tower Road, Coleshill, Amersham HP7 0LB
- 10 July - Loosley Dene, Lower Road, Loosely Row HP27 0PE
- 8 August - Deepwood Stud Farm, Henley Road, Stubbings, Nr. Maidenhead SL6 6QW
- 12 September - Home Close, Southend, Garsington OX44 9DH
Visits in 2017:
- 12 April - Overstroud Cottage, The Dell, Frith Hill, Gt Missenden. HP169QE
- 10 May - Rycote House, Thame, OX92PE
- 14 June - 2 Gardens in Chinnor.
- 12 July - Haseley Court, Little Haseley, OX447LL
- 9 August - Kingsbridge, Steeple Claydon, MK182EJ
- 13 September - Hearns House, Gallowstree Common, RG49DE