Potential New Groups
At the moment we have some 35 interest Groups that are meeting either in halls or in members own homes, but we are aware that some of these groups are oversubscribed. Some of our existing groups do have waiting lists.
We have also had various suggestions for ideas of new groups that we may be able to organise if there is enough interest. Usually we need about five or six members to make a group viable
You do not have to come to the two main monthly meetings a on Wednesday morning in order to belong to a group or to lead it . Leaders of groups do not necessarily have to offer their own home as a venue , other arrangements can be made. And a leader does not necessarily have to be an expert in the subject, groups can be self - exploratory. There is a lot of support and help available for members taking part in a new group – so you are not on your own!
Included below is a list of the suggestions we have had concerning new groups . If you would be interested in joining one of these , or if you have a suggestion of your own, please could you let Patricia or Lesley know (contact details below) .
Suggestions for new Groups
- English Afternoon Tea
- Mah Jong
- Starter and Pudding Group ( in people's homes )
- Jigsaw Puzzle swap
- Earth Matters ( climate change etc )
- Gardening ( could be seasonal )
- Science / Maths for fun
If interested contact:
Patricia Deane (tel:215691 email:firstname.lastname@example.org) Group Co -Ordinator
Lesley Charnock (tel:201445) Chairman
Please note that Thame and District U3A enjoys a close working relationship with neighbouring U3As. Where places are available on groups run by Thame and District U3A it is happy to accept members from neighbouring U3As. Similarly, neighbouring U3As are also happy to accept members of Thame and District U3A, providing places are available. If any of our members find that we don’t have a group of interest or cannot build sufficient support to start that group, they may contact the Group Leader of such a group which is run by a neighbouring U3A.
Details of Thames Valley Network (TVN) and U3A Third Age Trust National Events are shown on the Events page and their Groups page.
To sign up to the U3A Events Mailing List use the link on this page
MEETINGS FOR EARLIER YEARS
Details of Meetings from 2013/14 to 2016/17 are shown as links on this page.
OTHER LOCAL U3As
- Haddenham U3A have a table tennis group and are looking for new members. It meets 10.00 am fortnightly on Wednesdays at the Community Centre, Haddenham. and costs £3.00 per session. All equipment is provided. Anyone interested should contact the group leader Steph Everitt (tel: 299579 or email: email@example.com). For more information go to the Haddenham U3A website using the link on this page.
- Haddenham U3A has a few tickets left for Calendar Girls the Musical on 17th April 2.30pm at New Theatre Oxford. The cost is £41 per person (reduced from £51). Seats very good centre stalls. Use own transport. Please contact Margaret Ackroyd (Haddenham U3A’s Theatre Trips Organiser) 01844 292393.
- Haddenham U3A is organising a trip to Malta, departing 14 May 2020. The trip is half board for six days (five nights) at the San Antonio hotel at Qawra. Further information is available from Tony Dlugosz of HaddenhamU3A (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thame & District U3A Privacy and Data Protection Policies
To Comply with the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation Thame & District U3A have agreed Privacy and Data Protection Policies. These are shown as links on this page.