Walks - Morning (about 5 miles)
From February 2018 Morning Walks will generally take place on the second Tuesday of each month. Walks are usually about 5 to 6 miles long. The dates of walks are shown below.
Meet at the Southern Road Recreation Ground Car Park at 9:30 am and use whatever cars are available to go to the start of that morning’s walk. Please let the walk leader for the day know if you intend to go directly to the start of the walk. Any queries contact group/walk leader on day between 9am and 9.20am.
Please note walkers take part at their own risk
The dates for walks in 2019 are shown below and more details will be added when the routes for the walks are announced. A summary of the walks in 2018 are also shown below.
For more details of this group please contact Anne Fisher on 01844 215924
- 8 Jan - Leader Charles Boundy. - 5 miles - No cars required - this is a ‘green’ walk! Meet at Scout Hut as usual and weather permitting we will make our way via St Mary’s and Moorend Lane Farm to Scotsgrove and up to the edge of Haddenham, returning via Keeper’s Cottage and the show ground to the edges of town. The walk is mostly flat with a couple of stiles but likely to be muddy in places. [If there is bad flooding the route will be changed to go direct to Keeper’s Cottage and then Tythrop Park and Kingsey to take the footpath to Towersey and back to Thame via the Phoenix Trail.]
- 12 Feb – Leader: Brian Fisher – Approx 5 miles. This walk will start from a road side parking place midway between Great Haseley and Little Haseley. We walk towards Great Haseley passing through the Churchyard and then head across open fields towards Little Milton. Then take a path through the Wells Farm Nature Reserve and then down a country lane to return to the car park. A few styles but all manageable without difficulty and mostly flat although there is one hill.
- 12 Mar - Leader: Len Davidson. - The walk will start in Marlow at the Pound Lane car park, SL7 2UE (turn right at the mini roundabout just before the bridge). There is a car park charge of £1.50 for 3 hours or £2.00 for 4 hours). This is a completely flat walk (with the exception of a hump back bridge over the river, twice!). We will follow a broad track between fields to arrive at the River Thames near Temple Lock. We will cross the river and walk to Hurley village, cross onto islands in the Thames before crossing the river again, to follow the towpath back to Marlow.
- 9 Apr – Leader: Peter Wallace - Approx 4.5 mile. An undulating stroll around Waddesdon with a mixture of estate roads, paths and only one stile. There is free parking in the National Trust car park even if you are not a NT member. The walk then heads across fields to Upper Winchendon before dropping back towards the start point. We meet as usual at the Boy Scout HQ at 9.30am. If you are if going direct please phone Peter on 0787 4984903.
- 14 May - Leader: Mike and Bridget Weeks – Approx 5.5 miles. Piddington (Oxon) Village Circular. Long steep hill up Muswell Hill. Lovely views from the top. No stiles. Could be some muddy patches if we have had a lot of rain. (Directions to Piddington - Go through Oakley, past Boarstall turn on left, down hill and turn right Widnel Lane just before level crossing. Jubilee Nature Reserve on left, just after turn right and park by MOD gates . Footpath sign. Map reference 634172. Map 180.
- 11 Jun - Leader: David Bishop (tel: 07906 379672) – Approx 4.5 miles. Naphill towards Speen. Hilly with some stiles. Mostly fields and woods. Some short sections on roads. Should be OK underfoot subject to weather. Cafe & Pub adjacent to the finish if wanted. (Meet at Scout hut as usual 9.30 for car sharing. Park at Naphill village hall car park. HP14 4SX. GR846969.
- 9 Jul - Leader: Len Davidson. - A nice flat riverside walk this month. Starting from Hurley, the route takes us across the River Thames, via some islands, then along the river to Marlow. From there we cross some fields to Temple lock before returning to Hurley. (Meet at Scout hut as usual 9.30 for car sharing. If you wish to travel there direct the grid reference for the start point and car park is GR82541.)
- 13 Aug - Cate is leading a 4.5 mile walk around Lewknor. Please meet at the Scout HQ car park as usual at 9.30 unless travelling directly to Lewknor where you can park next to the church... which is our start point.
- 10 Sep – Leaders: Anne and Brian Fisher. – Approx 5.5 miles - Quainton to North Marston. A couple of steep slopes but rewarded with great views.
- 8 Oct – Leader: David Bishop. – Approx 4.5 mile. Turville Heath area. Route chosen to hopefully view some beautiful Autumn colour.
- 12 Nov
- 10 Dec - Xmas Lunch at the Greyhound at Wigginton preceded by a short walk led by Mike and Bridget Weekes.
|9 Jan||cancelled||Ron Bellis|
|23 Jan||5 miles - Wigginton & Tring Park||Michael Weeks|
|13 Feb||5.5 miles - Little Missenden||Brian Fisher|
|13 Mar||5 miles - Startops, Marsworth||Michael Weeks|
|10 Apr||5 miles - Around Halton & Wendover Woods||David Laver|
|8 May||5.3 miles - Watlington||Norman & Jane Bunce|
|12 Jun||5 miles - Ibston & Turvill||David Bishop|
|10 Jul||4.5 miles - linear walk Aston Hill to Chinnor||Ray Brindley|
|14 Aug||5 miles - Swyncombe||Brian Fisher|
|11 Sep||5 miles Great Kimble & Pulpit Hill||Charles Boundy|
|9 Oct||4.5 miles - Wheeler End & Towerage||Len Davidson|
|13 Nov||5 mile - Stonor, Middle Assendon, Bix Bottom Maidengrove||David Bishop|
|11 Dec||5 miles - Brill followed by Xmas lunch||Cate Andreopoulos|