Meetings are held on the first Friday of the month at 2.30 pm in the Chiltern Room of Chinnor Village Centre.
The Computer Group meetings (organised by Chinnor U3A) are open to members of Thame & District U3A. There are open clinics where questions can be raised any computing issues.
Details of the known planned meetings for 2019 and the meetings for the previous year are shown below.
For more information contact Robin Preston-Whyte (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 350382)
Programme to be confirmed
- 4 Jan - Race timer – Duncan (Race timing computer system primarily for use with marathons.)
- 1 Feb - Tablets & Phones
- 1 Mar - Computer Setup - Frank Metcalf
- 5 Apr - Talk by Gary from the CAAOS shop in Thame. Last year he gave us an interesting talk and he is able to give an up to date talk on aspects of computing relevant to us. I have suggested that he talk about moving from an old PC to a new one avoiding the worst pitfalls but he is free to cover topics that he feels more relevant. A question and answer session will be included so be sure to raise any issues that are bothering you.
- 3 May - Linux - Robin - Linux is getting more exposure these days and is a viable option for some of us. Linux is an alternative to Windows that is community driven rather than commercial and so is free to use.
- 7 Jun - Open meeting (tablets & phones)
- 5 July - No Meeting
- 2 August - No Meeting
- 6 Sept -
- 4 Oct -
- 1 Nov -
- 6 Dec
- 5 Jan - VBA & Office
- 2 Feb - Clinic & iPad / iPhone
- 2 Mar - Meeting cancelled
- 6 Apr - Sandbox, Virtual Machines - Chas
- 4 May - Computer Shop - Gary
- 1 June - Clinic & Networks, Comms
- July no meeting
- August no meeting
- 7 Sept - Portable Apps.- Robin
- 5 Oct - Open Forum
- 2 Nov - Computer Setup - Roger
- 7 Dec Meeting cancelled