The Art Group meets on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month (except for August) at 9.45 am to 12.15 pm. The venue is the Guide HQ., on Southern Road, Thame, and we always have refreshments at 11.00 am.
At the present time this group has no vacancies.
It is a very relaxed and happy group who don’t take themselves too seriously and always help each other.
Details of the known planned meetings for 2019 and the meetings for the previous year are shown below.
For more information contact Sheila Grout on 01865 890415
- 10 January - THE RAILWAY STATION. This may be from photos: ideas - piles of luggage, trains and rails, signals, bridges, clocks, the waiting room or ticket office, carriages, milk churns, envelopes and packages OR passengers etc. It could be from the past or from today or the future! I have been on GOOGLE and the choice great. I will have some pictures from there but you can look too. You may have a book or magazine for reference!
- 24 January - THE RAILWAY STATION continued
- 14 February - VALENTINES DAY(!!), what could this mean? Design a card to accompany a bunch of flowers (remember it is Valentine’s day so expense no object!) Examples could be a heart shape with flowers, garden birds and butterflies, chocolates the list is endless let your imagination do the talking.
- 28 February - POSTER OR ADVERTISEMENT FOR A CRUISE SHIP, this may be for a trip by sea or river, it could be a picture in retrospect like the TITANIC with ice burgs, or one of the QUEENS (Mary or Elizabeth) or Empresses (Canada, Australia, Britain, for example). There are lots of pictures in the travel sections of the daily papers and this is another chance to improve your Googgling skills.
- 14 March - POSTER OR ADVERTISEMENT FOR A CRUISE SHIP continued
- 28 March - PARKS AND GARDENS - BULBS IN FLOWER
- 11 April - NEW LIFE - A new Grandchild perhaps, OR new leaves. Whatever springs to mind when you read these words?
- 25 April -
- 9 May -
- 23 May -
- 13 June -
- 27 June -
- 11 July -
- 25 July-
- August Holiday - no meetings
- 12 September -
- 26 September -
- 10 October –
- 24 October -
- 14 November-
- 28 November -
- 12 December-
- 26 December - no meeting
- 11 January - SNOW DROPS IN THE SNOW.
- 8 February - BIRDS, SWANS AND DUCKS CONTINUED.
- 22 February - STILL LIFE – A CLEANER’S PROPS.
- 8 March - EDOUARD MANET 1832 – 1883.
- 22 March - EDOUARD MANET CONTINUED
- 12 April - STILL LIFE - BOOTS - LEATHER, RUBBER, PLASTIC, FUR
- 26 April - FRUIT THAT I LIKE TO EAT!
- 10 May - SPRING & SUMMER BLOOMS – ARRANGEMENT
- 24 May - PLANTS & SHRUBS – ARRANGEMENT
- 14 June - PORTRAITS 1. FRENCH CALLENDAR GIRLS
- 28 June - PORTRAITS 2. FENCH CALLENDAR GIRLS CONTINUED OR PORTRAITS OF EVERYDAY PEOPLE
- 12 July - A CHURCH/ A FARM OR A COUNTRY BUILDING
- 26 July- LIGHTHOUSE ON A ROCK/ OR ON THE MAINLAND
- August Holiday - no meetings
- 13 September - A TRAVEL GUIDE!
- 27 September - DETAILS FROM PICTURES IN THE NATIONAL GALLERY
- 11 October – DETAILS FROM PICTURES IN THE NATIONAL GALLERY CONTINUED
- 25 October - FANTASTIC FEATHERS AND/ OR AN UNUSUAL POT
- 8 November- ANIMALS
- 22 November - ANIMALS CONTINUED
- 13 December- A SEASONAL PICTURE - CHRISTMAS BLOOMS.
- 27 December - no meeting