The Art Group meets on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month (except for August) at 9.45 am to 12.15 pm. The venue is the Guide HQ., on Southern Road, Thame, and we always have refreshments at 11.00 am.
At the present time this group has no vacancies.
It is a very relaxed and happy group who don’t take themselves too seriously and always help each other.
Details of the known planned meetings for 2019 and the meetings for the previous year are shown below.
For more information contact Tony Hughes on 01844 351037.
- 10 January - THE RAILWAY STATION. This may be from photos: ideas - piles of luggage, trains and rails, signals, bridges, clocks, the waiting room or ticket office, carriages, milk churns, envelopes and packages OR passengers etc. It could be from the past or from today or the future! I have been on GOOGLE and the choice great. I will have some pictures from there but you can look too. You may have a book or magazine for reference!
- 24 January - THE RAILWAY STATION continued
- 14 February - VALENTINES DAY(!!), what could this mean? Design a card to accompany a bunch of flowers (remember it is Valentine’s day so expense no object!) Examples could be a heart shape with flowers, garden birds and butterflies, chocolates the list is endless let your imagination do the talking.
- 28 February - POSTER OR ADVERTISEMENT FOR A CRUISE SHIP, this may be for a trip by sea or river, it could be a picture in retrospect like the TITANIC with ice burgs, or one of the QUEENS (Mary or Elizabeth) or Empresses (Canada, Australia, Britain, for example). There are lots of pictures in the travel sections of the daily papers and this is another chance to improve your Googgling skills.
- 14 March - POSTER OR ADVERTISEMENT FOR A CRUISE SHIP continued
- 28 March - PARKS AND GARDENS - BULBS IN FLOWER
- 11 April - NEW LIFE - A new Grandchild perhaps, OR new leaves. Whatever springs to mind when you read these words?
- 25 April - BIRDS. We will bring in some photos and pictures for you to use, but feel free to bring in your own. These can be drawn in their own habitat OR drawn alone to show off their colours OR drawn into a design.
- 9 May - BIRDS, OR YOUR OWN CHOICE
- 23 May - A STILL LIFE. TBA
- 13 June - A WATER COLOUR – WET INTO WET PICTURE of an interesting scene, petals, twigs, ECT. (I will demonstrate the week before. I have a hair dryer if others can bring one as well, then we can dry our pictures between paintings. You will need a good quality watercolour paper. If you only use pastels, look at the demo and see what you can do?)
- 27 June - A BOOK FACEPLATE. We will bring some ideas for you to use, OR please bring in your own. You will need a background design and you can find some of these in pattern books OR in a book or art shop OR you can use one of mine. Then you can apply on top, an object or animal, or something from nature, to display what the book will be about. You can use copying tricks, tracing paper or draw using your own skills.
- 11 July - A BOOK FACEPLATE, OR YOUR OWN CHOICE
- 25 July- CREATE A DESIGN FOR A COTTON OR PLASTIC OR PAPER BAG -- Ideas the week before.
- August Holiday - no meetings
- 12 September - DESIGN A BAG
- 26 September - GUSTAV KLIMT
- 10 October - GUSTAV KLIMT (continued)
- 24 October – LEAVES...DEAD AND ALIVE
- 14 November- BRIDGES AND ENTRANCES
- 28 November - BRIDGES AND ENTRANCES (continued)
- 12 December- FESTIVE SEASON
- 26 December - no meeting
- 11 January - SNOW DROPS IN THE SNOW.
- 8 February - BIRDS, SWANS AND DUCKS CONTINUED.
- 22 February - STILL LIFE – A CLEANER’S PROPS.
- 8 March - EDOUARD MANET 1832 – 1883.
- 22 March - EDOUARD MANET CONTINUED
- 12 April - STILL LIFE - BOOTS - LEATHER, RUBBER, PLASTIC, FUR
- 26 April - FRUIT THAT I LIKE TO EAT!
- 10 May - SPRING & SUMMER BLOOMS – ARRANGEMENT
- 24 May - PLANTS & SHRUBS – ARRANGEMENT
- 14 June - PORTRAITS 1. FRENCH CALLENDAR GIRLS
- 28 June - PORTRAITS 2. FENCH CALLENDAR GIRLS CONTINUED OR PORTRAITS OF EVERYDAY PEOPLE
- 12 July - A CHURCH/ A FARM OR A COUNTRY BUILDING
- 26 July- LIGHTHOUSE ON A ROCK/ OR ON THE MAINLAND
- August Holiday - no meetings
- 13 September - A TRAVEL GUIDE!
- 27 September - DETAILS FROM PICTURES IN THE NATIONAL GALLERY
- 11 October – DETAILS FROM PICTURES IN THE NATIONAL GALLERY CONTINUED
- 25 October - FANTASTIC FEATHERS AND/ OR AN UNUSUAL POT
- 8 November- ANIMALS
- 22 November - ANIMALS CONTINUED
- 13 December- A SEASONAL PICTURE - CHRISTMAS BLOOMS.
- 27 December - no meeting