Family History Group
The Family History Group is run by Chinnor U3A and members of Thame & District U3A are welcome to attend. The Group meets on the first Thursday of each month at 10:15 to 11:45 am at Chinnor Village Centre, High Street Chinnor.
The only charge for U3A members is for a contribution towards the cost of room hire and administration. All are asked to pay £2.00 at each meeting to the treasurer Ann Long to cover the costs.
Details of the known planned meetings for 2019 and for the previous year are shown below.
Those interested in joining the Family History Group should contact the group leader George Hunter - 01844-352822, in the first instance.
Programme for 2019 (programme key see below):
- January - No Meeting
- 7th February - Coffee Morning
- 7th March - Talk: My grandad’s role in the Kaiser’s downfall” by Chris Melbourne
- 4th April - Problem solving
- 2nd May - Coffee Morning - Subject: My ancestors - Rod, George, Norman and Ann.
- 6th June - Visit - TBA
- 4th July - Lunch - TBA
- August - No Meeting [Bucks Genealogical Society Show, Aylesbury]
- 5th September - Talk: Ancestor’s experience in WW2 - Group Members
- 3rd October - Think Tank: (End of year meeting with coffee and ideas)
- 7th November - Talk: Cloud Computing for Family History by Norman
- 5th December - Christmas meeting
Coffee Morning: We meet at the Village Centre, for an exchange of thoughts on the subject listed over a cup of coffee/tea.
Talk: We meet in the Games room/ Conference room at the Village Centre, one or a group of us will give a prearranged talk lasting for about 45mins on any genealogical subject (Could be a DVD).
Member’s short talk (10-15mins each) about 4 of you per session please let me know and if you would like any help with your presentation.
Problem Solving: We meet in the Games room/ Conference room at the Village Centre, and discuss any problems that members have, if you have a problem be sure to bring along all the information from your research so far.
Lunch out: During the summer we may take a trip out to a local pub for an informal lunch. 11.0am-1.0pm Pub to be announced. Note: this is the one time when we like to all come together, so please make a special effort.
Think Tank: We meet in the Games room/ Conference room at the Village Centre just what it says, we sit down and try a come up with ideas for the future. This is normally at the end of the year and could be at the Village Centre
Programme for 2018:
- January - No Meeting
- 1st February - Using the Church of the Latter Day Saints records and were to find them
- 1st March - IT tips for presenting your family research.
- 5th April - Problem solving
- 3th May - Coffee Morning, Subject
- 7th June - Visit
- July - Lunch
- 2nd August - No Meeting (Bucks Genealogical Society Show, Aylesbury)
- 6th September - Problem solving (See Key)
- 4th October - Members talk about their ancestor’s experience of WW1.
- 1st November - Tracing war memorial names and families
- 6th December - Think Tank