The Music Performance Group (MPG) is suitable for instrumental players who are reasonably proficient, able to read music scores, play as an ensemble, and would be prepared to take part in a public performance at some future date.
- to establish a group of musicians who are able to work amicably together to practice, and rehearse, a repertoire of rock/jazz/pop/ballad style music.
- to meet on a regular basis, say once a fortnight; venue Methodist Hall in Exmouth
- to (collectively) agree an (eclectic) range of music to explore and play e.g. jazz, folk, rock, pop, ballads etc.;
- to practice and then play these together;
An important subsidiary objective would be to prepare to a standard suitable for performing in public.
- Most mainstream instruments welcome e.g. stringed, brass, woodwind, keyboards, percussion, vocals.
- Anything we can play, or would like to be able to play.
The ultimate aim and objective is to meet, make music, and then perform.
Please contact the Organiser, John Smith, for more details