The first face to face meeting of the 2021-22 year was on Tuesday 5th October at 1:30 for 2:00pm until 3:45pm in St Swithin's Church Hall
- This meeting was a welcome opportunity for Members to become reacquainted again.
COVID 19 SAFEGUARDING
- COVID infection rates remain high and until the last remaining lockdown restrictions have been lifted it is still important that we continue to take steps to protect ourselves and others.
- To this end we will be arranging full ventilation in the church hall and sanitising touch areas and we require members to comply with the following measures:
- Only attend if you have had been doubly vaccinated against Covid.
- Do not attend the meeting if you have had a recent positive Covid test or are having to self isolate
- You must use the hand sanitizer when entering.
- You must ensure that your name is recorded on the Attendance sheet so that we can comply with contact tracing measures.
About the Exploring Sussex interest group
- This is a large, very friendly, and popular group, normally meeting at 1:30 for 2:00pm on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month in St Swithen’s Church Hall.
- We are interested in exploring a wide variety of topics associated with the County, with talks and visits as diverse as aspects of local history in and around East Grinstead (including behind the scenes preparations for WW2) to a visit to Newhaven Fort and museum to see evidence of preparations for defence in earlier times.
- We have had talks and tours around Sussex villages with supporting in-house talks before our visits where possible. In fact should a person suggest a particular interest, they are signed up as a speaker at once!
- On the social side, we finish our meetings with a cup of tea accompanied with lots of chat. At the turn of the year we have a New Year’s party with fun and games and we always finish the year with a garden party.
Our last meeting was on Tue Nov 16th, when we welcomed Jeremy Clarke's presentation about Rope Making in Felridge. The highlight of this was his conclusion when some member's were volunteered to undertske some rope msking themselces, this is shown in the pictures on the right.
Group leader Shirley King, Webpage administrator Edwin Cowley.
Unless stated differently, all Meetings are 1:30pm for 1:45pm until 3:30pm in St Swithen's Church Hall.
Subscriptions £2 per meeting, Tea/Coffee & biscuits 20p.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Tue Dec 7th||The first Railway Murder|
Speaker: James Gardener.
|Tue Jan 4th 2022||New Year Party - begins 12:30pm until 3:30pm.|
|Tue Jan 18th 2022||Olde tyme Songs.|
Speaker: Mark Norman.
|Tue Feb 1st 2022||Bonfire Night.|
Speaker: Andy Thomas.
|Tue Feb 15th 2022||A History of Bizarre Sporting in Sussex.|
Speaker: Matthew Holmwood.
|Tue Mar 1st 2022||East Sussex Wild Life Rescue & Ambulance.|
Speaker: Trevor Weekes.
|Tue Mar 15th 2022||Defence of Sussex.|
Speaker: Colin Bowley.
|Tue Apr 5th 2022||Secrets of the Royal Pavilion.|
Speaker: Glenda Law.
|Tue Apr 19th 2022||History TBA.|
Speaker: James Dickinson.
|Tue May 3rd 2022||Windmills Restoration. Speaker: TBA.|
|Tue May 17th 2022||Charles II Speaker: Helen Poole.|
|Tue Jun 7th 2022||Knowle House & £20 Project. Speaker: Gilly Halcrow.|
|Tue Jun 21st 2022||Red Sky at Night. Speaker: William Avenell.|
|Tue Jul 5th 2022||Shirley's Garden Party, at her home from 2:00pm.|