This group is only open to current Members of the Belper and District U3A or one of the Derbyshire Cluster U3As
- When we meet Last Thursday of each month.
- Any costs We try to use public transport when we can, but sometimes cost towards car share or train fare.
- Who would enjoy it All welcome.
- Any particular materials/equipment required? Binoculars
- What the group is aiming to do The main aim of the group is to see and identify birds but we also look at natural history in general.
- Examples of activities, past or planned Trips to nature reserves parks etc.
We regularly visit Attenborough Nature Reserve and have an outing to Old Moor RSPB site near Doncaster once a year. In one year we enjoyed 11 trips and identified 81 different species of bird, there were just 2 we couldn't identify either because we couldn't get a good enough view or just didn't know what it was.
See LINKS on the right for more information.
This group has vacancies
We are not experts just people who like to get out and about, want to join us? Then get in touch
For further information and how to join this group please contact the group co-ordinator by clicking on the 'mail' envelope on this page.