About Belper & District u3a
Welcome to Belper & District u3a
Belper & District u3a is a self-help, self-managed lifelong learning co-operative
for people no longer in full-time employment, or having caring responsibilities,
to participate in learning, social and recreational activities,
not for qualifications but for FUN!
Belper & District u3a is a Registered Charity: No 1168551
- We host about 90 group activities, have over 800 members and are still growing!
- Open meetings for members and non-members are held from 10-12pm on the first Friday of each month at Strutts Community Centre, Derby Road, Belper. DE56 1UU. Please check the Speakers page for details.
- Prospective members are welcome to attend two open meetings, subject to capacity on the day.
- We aim to have a varied programme at these meetings – the majority have speakers, whilst others will be of a more social nature.
- During refreshment time, when a speaker has been engaged, you can chat to other members, learn all about the organisation, find out about and sign up to group activities and other events.
- Members can access a taster session of any interest group, with the prior agreement of the group's co-ordinator.
- A Newsletter is produced every two months, providing news on both local and national u3a issues and activities. A Bulletin is also produced monthly covering non-u3a matters.
- An AGM, which is for members only, is held in December.
- Our Membership year runs from 1st January to 31st December each year. For new members wishing to join part-way through the year the subscription will be reduced. See this year's Membership Application Form for details of subscription rates.
Please use the Menu Buttons at the top of this page to explore the site, paying particular attention to the Groups, Members and Links menu options.
If you are interested in joining us please look at the 'Join the u3a' page - you can be sure of a very warm Derbyshire Welcome.
If you would like more information, or to make contact with someone at Belper u3a, click the Contact button in the menu bar at the top of the page.