Beacon is an on-line management system, supported by the Third Age Trust, specifically for local U3A's. We use Beacon to manage our membership records, Finances, Groups and venues' information and to send blind emails to members.
Members Portal on Beacon
If you are a current member of our U3A, you can now update your details online on the Members Portal by clicking the link.
How to Log On to the Portal
You will need to supply your membership number and other personal contact details. If you get an error when logging on check that:
- Your membership number is correct (it's printed on your membership card).
- Your forename and surname are spelt correctly and start with a capital letter. Check you haven't mistakenly entered a blank space after one or both of them.
- Your postcode is correct, with a blank space between the two sections.
- You haven't entered any capital letters in your email address.
- You haven't copied and pasted, or used auto-fill, to complete any of the fields. This may work on some computers but it doesn't always, so it's best to type the information each time.
You can use the Members' Portal to:
- Check and if necessary, update your personal contact details. This includes addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and emergency contact information. You are asked to do this whenever your information changes or at least once a year.
- Upload a photo.
More extensive access to the Beacon system and the information it holds is available to Committee Members and Lead Contacts. This access is given by the Beacon Administrator on a need-to-use basis only to ensure protection of members’ data. If you are a Lead Contact you are encouraged to request access from the Administrator via the link, as this will enable you to:
- Manage the members in your group (print lists, send emails, check contact details)
You can then follow the link here to the Beacon Administration site
If you have difficulty in using the Members’ Portal, or logging on after being given fuller access, please contact the Beacon Administrator via the Pigeon link.
Further details of the Beacon System can be found by following the link.