To send an email to Group Contact use the 'Bird' link top right of this page
She will be in touch either by email, or to have a chat if you would like to include your 'phone number' or contact Sheila on 01376 321198
WE MEET ON THE THIRD TUESDAY OF EACH MONTH TIME OF 2pm ~ 4pm
WHEN LATE SPRING & SUMMER ARRIVE WE WILL BE OFF ON GARDEN VISITS ETC
PLEASE NOTE THAT VENUES & DAYS OF THE WEEK MAY HAVE TO CHANGE DURING THIS TIME
This year more trips out have been suggested, to make these viable we will need a 'bank' of drivers who are willing to give lifts to our 'non-driver' members. Hire transport is expensive for a small group like ours.
For our October meeting members brought with them Seeds, Botanical Specimens and Brains! As the afternoon progressed we swapped the horticultural items amongst ourselves and engaged our brains in a Quiz or
two amid a great deal of chatter and laughter! Quizzes over and kettle boiled it was 'cuppa and cake' time accompanied by yet more chatter. Four o'clock loomed and goodbyes were said and we headed home.
I look forward to seeing you on 19th November at Mill Race Garden Centre at the earlier time of 12 noon to avoid traffic build-up and failing light.
WINTER is on its way and it brings with it increased wind and rainfall.
- Start to raise containers on to 'pot feet' to prevent them from water-logging.
- Plant out winter bedding and spring flowering bulbs.
- Birds will struggle to find food throughout the colder months, so keep your feeders well stocked.
- If you haven't got any feeders how about purchasing one or two? I can promise you it will be money well spent you will get hours of free entertainment and enjoyment watching the antics of our feathered friends.
- Spare a thought too for our aquatic friends and net ponds to catch falling leaves thus preventing water pollution.
Enjoy your labours but don't forget to take time out for a cuppa!
We are always ready to Welcome New Members.(new members, bring new ideas) If you are interested in being part of our group, we'd love to have your company.
Contact me through the Bird Link at the top of this page or pick up the phone and dial
|Dates for your Diary|
|Tue Dec 17th||We take a break with the countdown of 8 days before Christmas arrives!!!|