To send an email to the Group Contact - use the 'Bird' link at the top right of this page
Jenny will be in touch either by email, or to have a chat if you would like to include your 'phone number'
THERE WILL BE NO MEETINGS UNTIL THE GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES APPROVE INDOOR MEETINGS
WATCH THIS SPACE TO SEE WHEN WE ARE ABLE TO MEET AGAIN
Group Contact:- Jenny Jemison will be acting as the Group Contact for the web, she will be working with Ann Bright on plans for the group meetings
Time: 2nd Monday of each month - starting at 2.30pm, for approximately two hours We meet at the hall attached to St Peters Church in Bocking End (near Causeway House). There is ample, easy parking and it's free.
POINTS OF INTEREST
The 1921 census is scheduled for release in January 2022.
Ideas for research.......
1. Name, Age, marital status, relationships within the household, note any
2. Address, with details of what accommodation consisted of, especially
number of rooms, bathroom, indoor/outdoor WC, heating, lighting, fuel,water,
garage? shared facilities, house shared?
3. Number of children, living and dead 4. Education of children, level of
attainment, age of leaving full time education, evening classes, further
5. Employment - what the job entailed, level of responsibility
6. Religion / church attendance
7. Military service
8. Household....Shopping habits; home help; laundry; 9.Sports/Social life/hobbies 10. Smoking / drinking habits 11. Pets; 12. Travel/holidays 13.Photos 14.Samples of handwriting
NEW MEMBERS ARE WELCOME AT ALL MEETINGS