All coach outings are open to all members
Full details of all our outings are published on the website and appear once in our Link newsletter thereafter a condensed description will be used.
We organise a variety of day trips with an educational theme throughout the year often picking up Blue Badge Guides en route. We aim to cater for a number of different tastes using comfortable coaches with toilet facilities and drivers we know. The journey on the coach should last around an hour and a half before our first stop.
Suggested day trips:
- Jubilee Sailing Trust - a visit to view the ships: After our monthly talk from Julia Ladds of the Jubilee Trust. Wendy has arranged that we can go to view the ships when they next dock in London. As it will be more than likely be very short notice Wendy is taking names now of those that would like a tour of the ships. Cost as far as Wendy knows will be just the coach. So register now and Wendy will contact you when she has a firm date.
- Rutland Food, Drink and Craft Festival, Saturday 6 July 2019: If there is sufficient interest Wendy will arrange a visit to this festival which is held at Oakham. Tickets cost £8, plus coach. Please let Wendy know if you would like to go and she will start a list.
View full details of day trips for 2019
We usually organise a Spring, Summer and Autumn holiday every year lasting no longer than five days. All our holidays are organised through an ATOL bonded travel agent. You will need to organise your own travel insurance as U3A Public Liability insurance does not provide Personal Accident cover.
View full details of holidays for 2019
- Ware Library, High Street, Ware
- Fire Station, Baldock Street, Ware
- Wodson Park, Ware (New pick up point, please see Wodson Park information below)
Please note there may be additional pick up points for holidays.
How to book
All bookings are on a first come first served.
To book email Wendy MacKenzie the Outings Co-ordinator or see her at the Wodson monthly meeting where your membership number, name, telephone number and departure point will be taken.
It would be greatly appreciated if you paid for your outings and deposit for holidays, with cheques made payable to Ware U3A unless otherwise indicated when booking.
Wodson Park pick up / parking
Please note: Large coaches are no longer able to go into Wodson and instead will use the bus stop outside; smaller coaches are unaffected by this change. On the day, please go to Wodson as normal and you will be advised where to wait.
For days out, parking at Wodson is increasing difficult, due to their need for spaces. Please consider an alternative joining point. For example, the Library where there is a car park or Fire Station (Baldock Street car park). They both have all day parking or Kings Hill.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Wed Apr 24th||Historic Essex: We will visit Cressing Temple Barns, Maldon Hythe Quay and have an exclusive guided tour within Layer Marney Tower. Full with a waiting list to be started. For more information visit day trips.|
|Fri Jun 7th||National Trust Osterley Park and House: Price £20 for National Trust members, £31.20 for non members. For more information visit day trips|
|Mon Jun 24th
→Fri Jun 28th
Summer break 2019 to the Lake District: Damson Dene 3*** Hotel, half board. All rooms fully booked. For details of the holiday read holidays
|Mon Nov 4th||Racing at Kempton Park With a two course lunch include. Cost £50. Bookings can be taken and when final numbers are known Wendy will give you the coach price. For more details read day trips.|
|Sun Nov 24th
→Thu Nov 28th
|Autumn break 2019 to Eastbourne: Turkey and Tinsel. For details of the holiday read holidays|
|Thu Dec 12th||Brick Lane Music Hall: Three course Christmas lunch followed by a Christmas show. For more information visit day trips|
|Wed Feb 19th 2020
→Sun Feb 23rd 2020
|Spring break for 2020 is to Llandudno: staying at Daish's Somerset Hotel, half board. For details of the holiday read holidays|