Walk Leader Phil Rowland contact:-firstname.lastname@example.org
- The person responsible for their safety and happiness on a walk is the individual. The U3A leader will lead the walk.
- The walk leaders will show their group the way on the walk but it is up to the individual to be careful in following them and to know their own capabilities and limitations.
- Walks organised by U3A groups automatically have public liability insurance cover, provided the walkers are U3A members. However, this is not a personal accident insurance and all members must be aware they walk at their own risk.
- Members are requested to walk behind the leader and to stay with the group at all times.
- Should any member have any underlying health problems that may affect them during a walk. or any medication that they may need, they should ensure that the medication is brought with them and that either the walk leader or a trusted companion knows what to do in the event of any problem.
- Members are asked, if possible, to carry with them a contact name and telephone number which could be used should the need arise. This may be stored on a mobile phone under the name “ICE” (In Case of Emergency).
- The U3A do provide “In Case of Emergency” (credit card sized) cards for the use of its members.
- It is important to carry adequate drinks, especially in the warmer weather, to replenish body fluids as it is easy to become dehydrated without realising it.
- Despite all the above, the objective of a U3A walking group is to enjoy the walking.
We meet 10am PROMPT at the J.B.C. for car Sharing or make your own way to the venue
Dates for walks 2021
Tuesday 6th July. This was the first walk this year:- Luxulyan Valley 3.5 To 4 miles
Tuesday 3rd August. Todays walk will start at Cardinham and take us to Bury Castle. 3.6 Miles and is rated moderate.
Tuesday 7th September. Pentire Point and the Rumps. Starting at the Lead Mines car park. This has now a NT pay machine. (free to NT members) 4 miles, moderate walking.
Tuesday 5th October. Little Petherwick to Padstow on the Saints way, Camel trail to Treganice, and onto Salt Mills. 4.4 miles. Easy to moderate walking.
The above walks are a suggestion and we need to take into account the weather conditions on a number of these , so there may be alterations during the year.
On all these walks we will finish with a pub lunch.
Each month there will be a notice giving details of the forthcoming walk on the U3A notice board at the John Betjeman Centre Wadebridge.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.