Many learning resources are available to assist U3A members and especially leaders and prospective leaders in setting up new groups and in expanding their groups’ learning activities. The following links offer some excellent learning resources that may be useful:
- Local Authority Day and Evening classes
- University of Edinburgh Office of Lifelong Learning now offers Languages and Art School courses
- Heriot Watt short courses
- University of Edinburgh Lecture Programme offering a comprehensive series of lectures including science, medicine etc.
- National Galleries of Scotland Lectures
- Royal Society of Edinburgh
- National Library of Scotland
- Centre on Constitutional Change: based in Edinburgh, it offers talks and seminars the UK’s changing constitutional relationships.
- Morningside Justice & Peace Group: based in Edinburgh. Weekly talks Wednesday mornings covering a wide range of topics many of which will be of interest to U3A members.
- Fairfield Museum, Govan: offering weekly talks for those with an interest in industrial history.
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCS)
Helping with Research
From time to time we get requests from researchers who are looking for older people as subjects to assist with their research. The current requests are listed below. If you are interested, please contact the researchers direct.
- [Current as at January 2017]: The University of Edinburgh IDEAL Home Energy Advice Project are looking for people for a research project investigating how smart technology can help find ways to use less gas and electricity in the home. See www.changeworks.org.uk/projects/ideal - ph. 0131 468 8669.
- Download free eBooks and textbooks from bookboon.com