Networks help to:
- establish a communication links for u3as within their Network and across the Region.
- provide mutual support, in good and bad times a Network facilitates contacts for u3a chairmen and committees to use for advice.
- provide support network for u3as that may be having difficulties, sharing issues and problems can be discussed and hopefully solutions can be found.
- encourage the development of shared minority interest groups across local u3as. They also facilitate the exchange of information across u3as and the sharing of good practice and ideas.
- extend friendships and social contacts by planning and organising shared events
- establish links with outside bodies that an individual u3a may not be able to do - sometimes the weight of numbers helps.
- encourage communication between u3as, which has become much through modern technologies such as the website.