Networks help to:
- establish a communication links for U3As within their Network and across the Region.
- provide mutual support, in good and bad times a Network facilitates contacts for U3A chairmen and committees to use for advice.
- provide support network for U3As that may be having difficulties, sharing issues and problems can be discussed and hopefully solutions can be found.
- encourage the development of shared minority interest groups across local U3As. They also facilitate the exchange of information across U3As and the sharing of good practice and ideas.
- extend friendships and social contacts by planning and organising shared events
- establish links with outside bodies that an individual U3A may not be able to do - sometimes the weight of numbers helps.
- encourage communication between U3As, which has become much through modern technologies such as the website.