South Wales Network
|Chairman||Vacant||Vice Chair||Sue Shannon-Jones|
|SWN Secretary||Denise Jones||Treasurer||Michael Young||SWN Page Editor||Derek Shottin|
Abergavenny, Barry, Blackwood, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Caldicot, Cardiff, Chepstow, Cowbridge, Crickhowell, Cynon Valley, Ebbw Vale, Garth Olwg, Gilwern, Maesteg, Monmouth, Neath, Newbridge, Newport, Pontyclun, Porthcawl, Risca, Sully, Swansea, Tonyrefail, Torfaen, Tredegar, Usk.
Click on Welsh u3as to check out the web site of an individual u3a.
During the current situation we are meeting on Zoom. We have been sharing experiences of running our u3as during Lockdown and at future meetings will be discussing plans for restarting normal activities once this is possible in 2021.
|South Wales Network||and Wales Links|
|SWN Zoom Speakers||SWN u3a members and some non u3a speakers who will give Zoom talks free of charge.|
|SWN Email Address||How to set up a dedicated Network Email address for your u3a|
|Beacon Support Wales||Pete Edmondson is the Regional Support Co-ordinator and can provide information and support for any u3a in Wales wishing to use Beacon.|
|Changing Your Zoom Name||How to change your name on your Zoom screen.|
|Useful Information||What you might not know.|
|Short Story Competition||Details coming soon|
|Third Age Trust Links|
|Covid-19 Advice||Link to the u3a Office web site for the latest Covid-19 advice on u3a activities. Includes how to keep your members engaged while restrictions are in place and technical help on various topics.|
|Financial Problems arising from Covid? Contact the Third Age Trust on FinancialAdvice@u3a.org.uk|
|Web Site u3a Office||Link to the website. How to get a User ID. Some useful options.|
|Member Link Leaflet||Advice, links, tips and resources to help keep us all connected, active and learning together whether we connect online or face to face (rules allowing) when the lockdown eases or a blend of the two.|
|Member Link Web Page||Web page for the Member Link imitative.|
|Recruitment Toolkits||You will have to log in to the u3a Office Website (see above) and then find them in Learn and then Sources Online.|
|u3a Science Network||This Network exists to encourage science activities within the u3a|
Minutes of Network Meetings
|2021||SWN Mins Jan 2021|
|2020||AGM Mins Jan 2020||SWN Mins Sept 2020||SWN Mins Nov 2020|
|2019||SWN Mins Jan 2019||SWN Mins Apr 2019||SWN Mins July 2019|
Newsletters and Magazines of SWN u3as
|Chepstow Magazine||Caldicot Newsletter|
To have your Newsletter added to the list click on SWN Page Editor
Ideas for the Future of the Network
- Find out what u3as want from Network.
- Set up Zoom meeting for all Chairs & network secretaries
- Follow this up with meetings, probably on Zoom, for Secretaries, Treasurers, Membership, Group Coordinators etc to discuss their specific problems and exchange best practice.
- Talk to Treasurers (and anyone else) from u3a Office Financial Manager Kevin Traynor. Online banking, Charity Commission returns, audits of u3a accounts, u3a Office payments for Subscriptions, TAM, etc
- Organise u3a Office Study Days
- Run Workshops.
- Mini discussion meetings on topics identified by SWN u3as eg Hybrid meetings, On-line AGMs etc. Record these sessions and put link to this website so any u3a can view them.
- Consider when to use Zoom, when to use Hybrid meetings, and when to go back to face to face meetings for all SWN Study Days, Workshops and meetings.
- Beacon User Group for Beacon users and those considering using Beacon
- Site Builder User group. Website study day run by Wales Website editor
- Zoom training sessions for SWN u3as
- Use South Wales Trustee to channel SWN concerns to TAT
- Sharing Activity Groups across u3as
- Invite Pathfinders u3a to give presentation (also to Wales chairmen)
- Feature a u3a with photographs
- Advertise u3as events where other u3as are invited eg quiz, open day, study day etc,
Notes for Network Zoom Meetings
- The meeting will start promptly at 2.30 pm but please log on to Zoom between 2.00 pm and 2.20 pm so that any connection problems can be resolved.
- Please change your Zoom name to include your u3a eg Jim Smith Chepstow, so that the Secretary knows who you are and your u3a. Click on Changing Your Zoom Name to see how to do this. However your Zoom Host will amend it for you on the day.
- A Zoom link will be sent out to all Network contacts a few days before the meeting.
- The Agenda will be sent out to all Network contacts before the meeting and will be added to the event details below.
- Each u3a is welcome to bring upto three members to a Network meeting but only one member is allowed to vote.
|General queries to:||SWN Secretary||Web Page queries to:||SWN Page Editor|
|Dates for your Diary|
|Wed Mar 24th||SWN Network AGM on Zoom|
Meeting will start at 2.30 pm. See Notes for Network Zoom Meetings above
SWN AGM Notice
SWN AGM Nomination Forms
SWN Agenda (AGM) Not yet available
|Wed Jun 2nd||u3a Day 2021|
Click on u3a Day 2021' to link to u3a Office web site page