Creative Writing - News & programme
May we wish all our readers a very Happy New Year. We are a happy writing group who enjoy each other's company.
We each try to write a short story or poem every month based upon an agreed idea. The writing cues that we use are many and varied. For example: our December writing was based around the word: Marmalade! The stories produced were amazingly different. There is no pressure on anyone to produce a story.
Future projects planned are:
- A story around a song title
- What if?
- A personal take on a news story
- A story based on a recipe
- A personal story of your part in history
- During the Summer time, we have an afternoon out to a local place of interest to get 'inspiration'.
- A view from a national disaster
We have, to date, compiled four collections of stories and poetry: you can buy your own copies of this booklet for £1.00 - please contact our group leader (this money goes towards covering printing costs) for a copy.
One of our members, David, has just had a short story accepted and published in an anthology of stories by 'older people'.
You can read this story by going to the sub-page of this entry.
Why not come along and join us - we now have a couple of spaces within our happy band for new members