This page gives information on
- contacting the Membership Secretary
- renewing your membership
- new members who want to join Tiptree U3A
- the benefits of being a member
- gift aid
- changing your personal information, stoping / starting the Third Age Matters magazine
- data protection and your privacy
Contacting the Membership Secretary
- You can contact the Membership Secretary by email using the Blue Bird icon on this page.
- The Membership Secretary is also normally available at every monthly meeting if you wish to discuss something person to person.
- Click on Membership Form to view and print the membership form for 2019/20 or you can collect one at the August meeting onwards.
- Click on Gift Aid to view and print the gift aid form.
- You can renew your membership from the September general meeting up to the 30-November-2019.
- New membership cards will be available from the October meeting or posted if you provide a stamped addressed envelope.
Membership runs for a year starting at our October meeting date and currently costs only £10 per year, paid by cash or cheque. Click on Membership Form to view and print our membership form. You can join
- By posting your application to the Membership Secretary, address on the membership form.
- At a general meeting.
We hold a general meeting on the third Thursday of every month, doors open at 1:30PM. When you arrive the Membership Secretary will be available in the foyer to welcome you and, if you would like, introduce you to our “meet and greet” members who are there specially to help you and answer all your questions. You can join on the day or later if preferred.
The benefits of joining our U3A are
- You will meet new people in a friendly environment to share and develop your interests.
- You can choose from any of our large range of interest groups from Art to Woodturning although some have a restricted membership due to space limitations.
- You can attend our general monthly meetings where we have a speaker and refreshments. There are some occasions where attendance is limited due to space in our meeting hall.
- Bi-monthly newsletters about Tiptree U3A.
- Membership services from the National U3A organisation including the Third Age Matters magazine sent 5 times a year and third-party liability insurance for organised U3A activities.
If you are a UK taxpayer please consider gift aid on your membership fees. From your £10 membership Tiptree U3A may have as little as £3.60 after paying for your Third Age Trust membership and your copy of the Third Age Matters magazine. For each member who allows gift aid Tiptree U3A receives £2.50 from HMRC helping to keep our membership fees as low as possible. Click on Gift Aid to view and print the gift aid form.
Changing your personal information
If the personal information you have given to Tiptree U3A is wrong or has changed or you wish to start / stop receiving the Third Age Matters magazine then
- Please email the Membership Secretary as soon as practicable using the Blue Bird icon.
- If you don’t have email then please contact the membership Secretary at the next monthly meeting.
Data protection and your privacy