|Monthly Meeting: 16 October 2019 - 9.30am|
|Doors Open 9.30am for refreshments|
|Venue: Beccles Public Hall|
|Talk: Chris Greenhill My Day Monitoring Norwich Prison|
|Admission: Members free, guests £2.50|
Monthly meetings take place on the 3rd Wednesday of each month in The Public Hall in Smallgate, Beccles. Doors open at 9.45am and refreshments are served until 10.20am. The meeting is called to order at 10.30am when the Chairperson carries out any Business. This is followed by a Guest Speaker. For more information on the varied programme of talks please visit Monthly Talk
Monthly Meeting Report for September 2019
Graham Jermyn, the Chairman, opened the meeting attended by 107 people including 5 guests and 6 new members.
- Graham introduced Philip and Gillian Evans who provided a short and entertaining presentation inviting people to express interest and support in setting up a group to rescue the seedling trees that grow in all kinds of places, to pot them on and then look for places to plant them when they are ready. More details will follow.
- The September newsletter has been posted and emailed out to Members with a few copies available in the foyer. Anyone ho didn’t receive the attachment to the email, please contact Jim savage, Membership Secretary and he will email another copy.
- There is a change is speaker for October 16th. Our own Chris Greenhill was due to speak next year on the subject of Monitoring Norwich Prison but has swapped with Mu Gurbutt. Members may recall the interesting talk by the magistrate Graham Higgins a few months ago and this will be an interesting sequel.
- A reminder that the Christmas meeting will take place on the second Wednesday in December, the 11th, as the Hall is occupied on our normal day.
- Our mobile phone has been troublesome recently and has now been replaced. Our apologies if you have tried ringing the number without success. The number remains 07835 509773.
- English Country Dancing would welcome new members. They meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday from 10am to 12 noon at the Quaker Hall. No previous experience is needed.
- There are still places available on the following trips:
24th September to St Peters Brewery
11th October on the Waveney Stardust
12th November to Butley Priory.
If you fancy a trip out then contact Irene via the website or on 01502 713622.
Wed 20 November 2019: Lionel Simms Decoding Stonehenge TBC