|Special Members Only Meeting+: Wednesday 18 July 2018 - 10.30am|
|Venue: Beccles Public Hall|
|Speaker:Andrew Sankey-Smith - Gertrude Jekyll and her gardens|
|Admission: Members Free - Guests £2.50|
+ Guests are welcome to attend the Monthly Talk following the meeting
Monthly meetings take place on the 3rd Wednesday of each month in The Public Hall in Smallgate, Beccles. Doors open at 9.45am and refreshments are served until 10.20am. The meeting is called to order at 10.30am when the Chairperson carries out any Business. This is followed by a Guest Speaker. For more information on the varied programme of talks please visit Monthly Talk
Special Meeting - 18th July 2018
Members are invited to attend a Special Meeting.
The purpose of this meeting is for Executive Committee Members, who have been nominated for an Officer role, to be voted into position by those members attending the meeting.
The meeting will be on Wednesday 18th July at 10.30am at Beccles Public Hall.
This will be just before the start of July Beccles U3A Monthly Meeting.
1 Election of Officers
- Vice Chairman
- Business Secretary
The Special Meeting is for Beccles U3A members only
Guests can join the Monthly Meeting following the end of the Special Meeting
AGM - 20 June 2018
- The Chair welcomed 102 members to the AGM (The required quorum is 10% of membership which is currently 630 members)
- The minutes of the AGM will be published soon in draft and will be subject to approval at the 2019 AGM
- Five new committee members were elected replacing those five who retired after completing their three year term
- The Committee will meet and discuss the roles required in the Executive. Details of the new structure will be announced when all is confirmed
- Graham Jermyn (Vice Chair) gave a vote of thanks to those members who are retiring from the Executive Committee, Peter and Susan Shannon, Jena Mason, Irene Squirrell and Julia Deary
- All the retiring members were presented with a commemorative gift in recognition of their work and service for Beccles U3A
Mu Gurbutt (Speaker Secretary) introduced the June Speaker Doreen Reed.
Wed 18th July 2018:- Andrew Sankey-Smith - Gertrude Jekyll and her gardens
Wed 15th August 2018:- Pip Wright - Suffolk Witches
Wed 19th September 2018:- Adrian Brown -Conducting the music - Waveney Sinfonia
Wed 17th October 2018:- Cathy Small - Protecting against Fraud
Wed 21 November 2018:- Richard Hughes from the Assembly House in Norwich - A Career in the Hospitality Industry
Wed 19 December 2018:- Christmas Meeting
Wed 16 January 2019:- Dr Stephen Ashworth - Lasers - how they work
Wed 20 February 2019:- Graham Higgins - Tales from the Bench - a magistrate reviews his work
Wed 20 March 2019:- Sally Dearman - Women CAN fly - a female pilot talks of her experiences