|Monthly Meeting: Wednesday 21 November 2018 - 10.30am|
|Venue: Beccles Public Hall|
|Speaker: Richard Hughes from the Assembly House in Norwich - A Career in the Hospitality Industry|
|Admission: Free to Members - Guests: £2.50|
Monthly meetings take place on the 3rd Wednesday of each month in The Public Hall in Smallgate, Beccles. Doors open at 9.45am and refreshments are served until 10.20am. The meeting is called to order at 10.30am when the Chairperson carries out any Business. This is followed by a Guest Speaker. For more information on the varied programme of talks please visit Monthly Talk
Monthly Meeting 17 October 2018
The Chair, Graham Jermyn opened the October monthly meeting by welcoming 113 members and guests and 5 new members who were introduced to the audience.
- Graham mentioned that invitations were beings sent out to members who had joined since April to attend a welcome meeting on either the 25th or 30th October at 2.30pm at the Quaker meeting rooms. The purpose is to hear new members first impressions of Beccles U3A and to pass on more information to them.
- Graham apologised for the slight delays in the website being updated and that normal service would be resumed over the next couple of days.
- Although Irene Squirrell has retired from the Committee, we are pleased to announce that she will continue to support events and trips and will be putting together a programme for the next few months. We will be looking to add new locations to those tried and tested ones that are so popular with members so ideas and suggestions are welcomed.
- Barry Darch, co-author of a booklet about the history of Beccles Public Hall, will be signing copies of his new book entitled Beccles Through Time in Beccles Museum on Saturday 20th October from 2.30 to 4pm.
- Mu Gurbutt is looking for volunteers who can wield a paint brush to paint a lot of cardboard for the Christmas meeting.
Wed 19 December 2018:- Christmas Meeting
Wed 16 January 2019:- Dr Stephen Ashworth - Lasers - how they work
Wed 20 February 2019:- Graham Higgins - Tales from the Bench - a magistrate reviews his work
Wed 20 March 2019:- Sally Dearman - Women CAN fly - a female pilot talks of her experiences