|Christmas Meeting: 11 December 2019 - 9.30am|
|Doors Open 9.30am for refreshments|
|Venue: Beccles Public Hall|
|Admission: £2 per person - members only|
Monthly meetings take place on the 3rd Wednesday of each month in The Public Hall in Smallgate, Beccles. Doors open at 9.45am and refreshments are served until 10.20am. The meeting is called to order at 10.30am when the Chairperson carries out any Business. This is followed by a Guest Speaker. For more information on the varied programme of talks please visit Monthly Talk
Monthly Meeting Report for October 2019
Graham welcomed 106 members plus 9 new members to the October meeting.
The meeting was slightly late in starting as people queued to get tickets for the December Christmas special meeting. Clearly they are now available from Beccles Public Hall ticket office for £2 on presentation of a valid membership card. A separate raffle ticket will be issued on the day which is Wednesday 11th December from 9.45 for tea and coffee etc with entertainment starting at 10.30.
- Graham mentioned that we had received a certificate from Hearing Dogs for Deaf People as we raised £253.90 from a collection taken after the talk by Ann Jillings. A tremendous effort, thank you.
- Requests were made for additional members for
- English Country Dancing - 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at the Quaker Hall from 10am to 12.
- Latin - 2nd and 4th Thursday in the Library with Harry Potter in Latin from 2pm to 4pm.
- Classical Music - 1st and 3rd Thursday at the Quaker Meeting Rooms 10am to 12
Please give them a try.
- One of our members, Gillian Innes is interested in any information concerning suffragists in the Beccles area. Not to be confused with the better known suffragette movement. If you can help contact the Chairman who will pass on the information.”
Wed 11 December 2019: Christmas meeting tickets £2 and on sale to members only at Beccles Public Hall
Wed 15 January2020: Ray Simmons The Trumpet shall Sound - Recollections of a life in music
Wed 19 February 2020: Mu Gurbutt Exhibiting at Chelsea Flower Show
Wed 18 March 2020 - Toby Capwell from Wallace Collection in London Talking about Armour
Wed 15 April 2020 - TBA
Wed 20 May 2020 - David Murton Astronomy for Beginners
Wed 17 June 2020 - Sally Dearman Changing from flying fighters to helicopters
Wed 15 July 2020 - Jim Graver The Big Issue
Wed 19 August 2020 - Robert Tilney Antiques Roadshow
Wed 16 September 2020 - Joy Hawkins - Medieval ideas on Contraception and Conception
Wed 21 October 2020 - TBA
Wed 18 November 2020 - Stephen Ashworth - Kitchen Chemistry
December 2020 Christmas programme yet to be finalised