|Monthly Meeting: Wednesday 17 April 2019 - 10.30am|
|Venue: Beccles Public Hall|
|Speaker: Jim Graver The Big Issue|
|Admission: Free to U3A Members, £2.50 for Guests|
Monthly meetings take place on the 3rd Wednesday of each month in The Public Hall in Smallgate, Beccles. Doors open at 9.45am and refreshments are served until 10.20am. The meeting is called to order at 10.30am when the Chairperson carries out any Business. This is followed by a Guest Speaker. For more information on the varied programme of talks please visit Monthly Talk
Monthly Meeting 20 February 2019
The Chair, Graham Jermyn opened the February monthly meeting by welcoming 127 members and guests.
- Graham reminded everyone that membership renewal packs are being sent out and a special session has been arranged for 15th March for members to renew and enjoy a tea or coffee and biscuits and remind themselves of the activities on offer. Members can also renew at the March (20th) and April (17th) monthly meetings.
- A Convenors/Volunteers tea is taking place on 1st March where we take the opportunity to thank them for devoting their time to Beccles U3A, without whom the organisation wouldn’t be able to function.
- Group grants were introduced for this financial year and there is no guarantee that they will continue for next year so get your convenor to submit an application by 31st March if there is something that would benefit your group.
- A second table tennis group is being set up and the initial planning meeting takes place on 27th February at Seasons in Fen Lane.
- The next trip is to view the Munnings Collection at Dedham on 27th March. Contact Irene Squirrel if you are interested.
- A trip is planned to the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey for 8th June. The cost of the trip is £40 plus the admission fees. Whilst we can do little about the admission prices, the cost of getting there can reduce if more people book up.
Wed 15 May 2019: Dawn Blunden Cake Icing for Royal Weddings
Wed 19 June 2019: Jenny Gibbs A Turkish Shirley Valentine
Wed 17 July 2019 Joy Hawkins: returning by popular request More Medieval Medicine
Wed 21 August 2019: Garden Bird Watch
Wed 18 September 2019: Ann Jillings and Varley the dog, Dogs For The Deaf
Wed 16 October 2019: Mu Gurbutt Chelsea Flower Show 2012 - behind the scenes
Wed 20 November 2019: Lionel Simms Decoding Stonehenge_ TBC