Monthly Meeting Announcements
The following announcements posted on this page are for the benefit of those members who were unable to attend the meetings. Announcements for the past two months only will be shown.
Announcements for March monthly meeting
1. The committee have discussed the coronavirus situation and have agreed that for the moment meetings will continue as usual. All members are asked to observe government advice on methods to limit the spread of the infection. Full details are on the notice board.
2. Group fees for the February to June session are now due and should be paid to the treasurer as soon as possible.
3. The next Aberdeen U3A walk is on Saturday, 14 March, and is a circular walk of about 3.5 miles, along the river Ythan at Ellon, starting from Ellon town centre at 10.00am. If you'd like to join the walk, please sign up on the list on the table at the back.
4. A new group - a knit and natter group – is in the process of being set up and will meet on Friday, 13 March at 11am in Ma Cameron's in Little Belmont Street. There is a sign up sheet on the table at the back.
5. The summer study trip to Brodie Castle will take place on Friday, 19 June and will also call in at Brodie Countryfayre. The cost for the day, including a castle tour plus high tea at the Kintore Arms Hotel in Inverurie, is £35, or £25 for NTS members. A sign up sheet and a list of menu choices are on the table at the back.
Announcements for February monthly meeting
1. All members should now have received the January news sheet and group membership renewal form, either at the last monthly meeting or in the post. Group fees for the February to June session are now due and can be paid to the treasurer today.
2. The next International Lunch will take place at Cafe Andaluz, 5 Bon-Accord Street, on Thursday, 27 February at 12 noon. The cost (including tip) is £16.00 for three tapas. There is a sign up sheet on the table at the back.
3. The next Aberdeen U3A walk is on Saturday, 8 February, and is a four-mile walk to and around Perwinnes Moss, starting from Asda at Middleton Park at 10.30am. If you'd like to join the walk, please sign up on the list on the table at the back.
4. Write Your Own Story group (previously Life Writing)
The aim of our group is to recall memories eg of childhood and record them for family / grandchildren /friends. We meet to share anecdotes which we can add to our very own memoirs. Nostalgia trips and and fun included! We currently meet on the first Wednesday of the month, and new members are welcome. There is a sign up on the list on the table at the back.
5. A new group is to start - a knit and natter group. Anyone interested in joining should put their contact details on the sign up sheet on the table at the back.