Monthly Meeting Announcements
The following announcements posted on this page are for the benefit of those members who were unable to attend the meetings. Announcements for the past two months only will be shown.
Announcements for January monthly meeting
1. The news sheet and group membership renewal forms are in the envelopes that have been handed out today. Members who are not at today's meeting will get these by post. You can either send cheques to the treasurer as usual or bring your payment to the February monthly meeting.
2. This is your last chance to sign up for the New Year lunch which is again at the Park Inn, Justice Mill Lane, on Friday, 24 January 2020, at 12.00 for 12.30pm. The cost is £22, the same as last year, and Letitia will be pleased to take your money and your menu choices today.
3. The next Aberdeen U3A walk is on Saturday, 11 January, and is a three-mile walk up and down the Brimmond Hill, starting from the West Car Park near Wyndford Farm at 10am. If you'd like to join the walk, please sign up on the list on the table at the back.
4. We are beginning to look ahead to June and and our annual summer study trip. If you have any suggestions as to where you would like to go, please pass your ideas to any of the committee members.
5. If you don't already have a home for your used postage stamps, why not bring them to a U3A meeting where Sheena Farquhar will be pleased to take them in aid of Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Announcements for December monthly meeting
1. This month's discussion lunch will be a week earlier than usual, on Wednesday, 11 December at 11 am in the Carmelite Hotel. Prices - 2 courses - £13.95, or 3 courses - £15.95. Remember to let the group leader know if you cannot come. Contact her via the pigeon icon on the web page or telephone/text (the number is in the current newsletter).
2. Walking group – the next walk is on Saturday, 14 December, along the prom and back. Members should meet at 10.00am at the Fittie end of the beach, by the toilets.
3. Our New Year lunch will be held in the Park Inn Hotel, Justice Mill Lane on Friday, 24 January 2020, at 12 for 12.30pm. The cost is £22, and you can pay and list your menu choices today or at the January meeting.
4. Used postage stamps – if you don't already have a home for your used stamps, why not bring them to a U3A meeting where Sheena Farquhar will be pleased to take them in aid of Guide Dogs for the Blind.