MEMBERSHIP FEES per annum
Single Membership £15
Joint Membership (husband and wife) £28
This includes a capitation fee of £3.50 to the national organisation (The Third Age Trust) which provides a wide range of services and benefits including liability insurance cover. If you are already a member of another U3A Group, your fee with us would be reduced by the amount of the capitation fee and would be £11.50 for Single Membership and £21 for Joint Membership. Renewal fees are due after 31st March each year, regardless of when you joined which does mean that your first year of membership may not be for a full 12 months. If you would like to apply for membership, please contact the Membership Secretary or come along and join at a monthly General Meeting.
If you would like a taster before deciding to join, we are happy to welcome you to two of our meetings, either the General Meeting or a Group Meeting, but after that we would ask you to commit to a full membership.
Terms and Conditions of Membership
- Abide by the Aims and Guiding Principles of the U3A Movement
- Always act in the best interests of the U3A and never do anything to bring the U3A into disrepute
- Abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Constitution
- Treat fellow members with respect and courtesy at all times
- Comply with and support the decisions of the elected Committee
- Advise the Committee of any change in your personal details
- The Committee will follow the current advice given by the national U3A on their website in the event of the Committee being notified of an issue regarding:- Complaints, Grievances, Disciplinary matters & Safeguarding matters
Members acknowledge that it is understood that there is no obligation or liability on the part of the Plymstock & District U3A, or any of its Officers, Committee or members for any loss, damage or injury sustained by any member while taking part in any activity undertaken by members in any Group Meetings, outings or walks organised by Plymstock & District U3A.
All U3A activities are carried out at your own risk and you should take all reasonable precautions to keep yourself safe. In particular you have a responsibility to recognise your own limitations when choosing the U3A activities to join/undertake.
Existing members can update their membership details on the Members Portal. To access this, supply your membership number, first and last names, postcode and e-mail address.