This page is for New Members. It provides an outline of how we work to help make you part of our organisation.
Any member and new prospective members are welcome to attend our monthly meetings. Click on the MEETINGS button above to find details of up and coming talks.
The meetings always give time for everyone to socialise. A group of existing members are there to greet new/potential members and to introduce you to others. There is also a "New Members' Table" where we can meet and talk together. It gives you an opportunity to find out about the various interest groups.
Twice a year we have a separate meeting for New Members, providing an opportunity to ask questions about the organisation.
Underpinning this is our website, which is regularly updated with all the latest information.
If you want to join, please download and print the Membership Application form and send it to our Membership Secretary. Or you can contact them by telephone on 07561 827740 if you have any questions.
There is an annual subscription due each September, which is £10 for the year 2019-2020.
Conditions of Membership
All members must:
1. Abide by the principles of the U3A movement.
2. Always act in the best interests of the U3A and never do anything to bring the U3A in to disrepute.
3. Abide by the terms and conditions of the Four Border Abbeys constitution.
4. Treat fellow members with respect and courtesy at all times.
5. Comply with and support the decisions of the elected committee.
6. Advise the Membership Secretary of any changes in your personal details.