- Our monthly meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of the month 10:30 - 12:00 approximately and regularly include a Speaker. Doors open at 09:30 for Coffee and biscuits. Meetings are mostly held in The Methodist Church, Church Street but other venues include The Deeping School Academy, Deeping St James and The Coronation Hall, Halfleet, check the current program for the latest details on venues. We plan to hold a Summer Occasion at the August meeting and a Christmas Extravaganza at the December meeting see our Newsletter for up to date information. Follow link to see a programme of speakers
THE DEEPINGS U3A MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
- It is issued on the 3rd Monday of each month and is our major form of communication to all members. A web site, limited edition, can be viewed at Newsletter.
REPORTS ON EVENTS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
December - A few pictures from the Christmas 2018 meeting
December - A few pictures from the Christmas 2017 meeting
November 15th - Photography Group Exhibition of members photos at the Green school.See Exhibition Nov 2017
December 2016 - 2016 Christmas Meeting in the Coronation hall.
April 2016 - A walking group holiday to the Lakes Cumbria at Portinscale. photos link All Day and Holiday group walking.
April 2016 - Charity status obtained for our U3A. Registered number 1166782.
April 2015 - A walking group holiday trip to Harrogate 2015. Photos link All day and Holiday group walking.
November 2014 - WW1 - 100 years. Memories at the Deepings Community Centre. 201411 WW1Deepingsmemories.
April 2014 - A walking group holiday trip to Whitby 2014. Photos link All day and Holiday group Walking.
December 2013 - 2013 Christmas meeting.
October 2013: - A walking group holiday trip to Shipley 2013. Photos link All day and Holiday group walking.
September 2013: Walking challenge 3 Peaks 2013. Photo link All day and Holiday group walking.
August 2013: - Tenth Anniversary Meeting - a selection of pictures taken at the event by John Marsh.
April 2013: - A walking group holiday trip to Whitby 2013. Photos link All day and Holiday group walking.
March 2013: - The History group visits London and have a Flight on the Emirates cable car over the Thames.
December 2012- Christmas 2012 meeting. Link to pictures taken at the Christmas party 2012.
December 2012 - Peterborough District Hospital - PCH opening ceremony Dec 2012 by the Duchess of Cambridge.
July 2012 - OLYMPIC TORCH in THE DEEPINGS' 4th JULY 2012 For pictures follow link. Olympic Torch ceremony.
June 2012 -DIAMOND JUBILEE at DEEPING ST JAMES Jun 2012 - The lighting of the beacon for pictures follow link jubileebeacon.
May 2012 - DEEPING U3A Gets Award - May 2012 see side picture.
- Comment by the the Chairman.
A few words regarding our fabulous evening on Tuesday 8th May, when Deepings U3A received an unexpected award, a Trophy and Certificate.
The 'Making a Difference Awards' were presented at the Annual General Meeting of the Deeping St James Parish Council which was held at the Deeping School with some of our U3A Committee and members in attendance. I went forward to receive the trophy, but this award is for all you good people who make the Deepings U3A, in my opinion, the best U3A ever.
May 2012 - DEEPINGS U3A Newsletter Editor receives award - May 2012 see side picture
- Another award was given, and well deserved, to Ann Holmes for ‘A person making a difference', related to her production of the Newsletter. Thank you to the person who made the nominations
Comment by Editor:- A proud Editor—but remember YOU send me the good material!
Thank you all I couldn’t do it without you. Ann
|LONGER DISTANCE and WALKING HOLIDAYS|
- This groups activities can be viewed by following the link all day and holiday group walking.
- Christmas 2011 at The Deeping's School - a selection of Photos
|GARDENING VISITS by GROUPS|
- Gardening 4 Petals and Produce Group - A Visit to the Park House Glaston in June 2011.2011Parkhouse.
- Over the Garden wall, Janice Wilson - A Nursery visit to Oppermans Nursery in Spalding October, 2011opperman.
- Record of any Web contact or Messages.