Who can Join?
U3A membership is not related to a specific age group but to a phase of life - the third age. Anyone not in, or seeking, full-time employment, can join U3A. There is no lower age for membership.
How Can I Join?
Come to a general meeting at 2.00pm on the fourth Tuesday of any month at Shifnal Village Hall. Initially, if you would prefer, you can come as a visitor before you join. Alternatively you may like to download and complete our Membership Application. Please note that this form comes in two parts: Everyone should complete the right hand section whilst those who wish to Gift Aid their subscription should also complete the left hand section as well. The Treasurer will be happy to receive your completed forms and subscriptions at our general meetings.
What does it Cost?
The annual subscription is £14 for new members and £12 for existing members. The membership year is from 1 March to the end of February. Members can renew up until the end of April each year at the renewal rate. Thereafter the new membership rates will apply. From September onwards new members will be charged a half-yearly rate of £9.
There is an entrance/refreshments charge of £1.00 for each monthly meeting attended. Visitors may attend a maximum of three meetings at a charge of £1.50 per meeting.
What does my membership include?
• General monthly meetings with a wide range of speakers can be found on the programme and events page
• Interest groups meetings to learn, discuss and share knowledge and skills
• Copies of the Wrekin Autumn Review 2018. Previous copies can be found on the Wrekin U3A Archives page
• A monthly eNewsheet that is sent directly to your email address or delivered by a buddy.
• Publications from the Third Age Trust - Third Age Matters and the Sources Magazine
• Opportunities for Cultural visits, joining local walking groups, visiting houses and gardens and other outings
• Meeting a host of new friends enjoying their third age
For any enquiries about joining the U3A or updating your membership, please contact the Membership Secretary