Who can Join?
U3A membership is not related to a specific age group but rather to a phase of life - the third age; defined as that period following ‘education’ and ‘employment’. There is no lower age for membership; anyone not in, or seeking, full-time employment can join a U3A.
How Can I Join?
Normally: Come to a general meeting starting at 2.00pm on the fourth Tuesday of any month (except December) at Shifnal Village Hall. Initially you may choose to attend these meetings as a visitor before formally joining our U3A. The Treasurer will always be available to receive your completed Membership Application form and subscription during these meetings.
Alternatively, and currently the only way in these locked-down days, you may prefer to download and complete our Membership Application Form21 In this case the completed form together with your payment (by cheque) should be mailed to the Membership Secretary Please contact the Membership Secretary for details of alternative payment methods.
Like many organisations we welcome tax paying members to elect to “Gift Aid” their subscriptions as this increases our income at no additional expense to the member. A simple tick and signature on the form will achieve this end. We do the rest!
What does it Cost?
The annual subscription is £14 for new members and normally £12 for existing members. The membership year is from 1 March to the end of February. Members can renew up until the end of April each year at the renewal rate. Thereafter the new membership rates will apply. From September onwards new members will be charged a ‘half-yearly rate’ of £9.
Note however, that after this extraordinary 12 months, members who paid in full in 2020 may renew in 2021 for a subscription of £5. This may be paid by Bank Transfer or cheque. Further details can be found on the Membership Renewal Form21 which only has to be completed if there is also a need to revise any of the member’s contact data.
For each monthly meeting attended there is an entrance/refreshments charge of £1.00. Visitors may attend a maximum of three meetings at a charge of £1.50 per meeting.
What does my membership include?
• Entrance to monthly General Meetings complete with a wide range of speakers details of which can be found on the
programme and events page.
• Membership of Interest group meetings to learn, discuss and share knowledge and skills.
• Copies of the Wrekin U3A Review Autumn 2020. Previous copies can be found on the Wrekin U3A Archives page.
• (Normally) A monthly e-Newsheet that is sent directly to your email address or delivered by a buddy.
• Publications from the Third Age Trust – “Third Age Matters” and the “Sources Magazine”.
• Opportunities for Cultural visits, joining local walking groups, visiting houses and gardens and other outings.
• Meeting a host of new friends enjoying their third age.
Please contact the Membership Secretary if you have any questions about joining Wrekin U3A or updating your membership,
Last Updated 28th Jan 21
For any enquiries about joining the U3A or updating your membership, please contact the Membership Secretary