Most of our members live in the coastal area of Worthing, West Sussex .
Activities take place in various places in and around Worthing, from Ferring to Lancing, in private homes or hired halls.
How to join or Renew your membership:
Download an Application Form, complete it and send it in with the appropriate fee (full details are on the form).
- The Worthing U3A Membership year starts on the 1st of September and a full year’s membership currently costs £25 per person.
- From the 1st of March the membership fee reduces to £15, which covers the period to 31st August.
- In addition each group may levy a small fee, depending on the activity; this can be as little as 30p per session for refreshments, but may be more if travel, craft materials or course booklets are involved.
Membership gives access to:
- Over 60 local Study and Activity Groups
- Outings and Social events
- Monthly Talks, September through to July
- Study Days
- Summer Schools
- Insurance for members when attending any of these groups
- Worthing U3A’s Members' Handbook: as from renewal in 2017 all members will be sent a detailed handbook
- Our monthly e-Newsletter "Worthing U3A Matters", keeping members informed about news and events
- The national U3A magazine “Third Age Matters” published five times a year plus “Sources” three times a year.
COUNT US IN: An Equality Policy for Disabled Members of Worthing U3A:
We have recently approved a Policy document on Equality (see Link to side of page). Our policy aims to promote the social, moral and educational benefits of increasing inclusion for ALL members of Worthing U3A. In so doing, it reflects the vision of The Third Age Trust which is to make life-long learning, through the experience of the U3A, a reality for all persons in their third age.
For more detailed information on venue access to group activities, U3A members are advised to consult group pages on this website, where specific information on venues can often be found. If no venue detail is provided, please make direct contact with the convenor for advice.