Long Cycling & Ultra Cycling Groups
General Points for both Groups
1. The meeting point for both groups is at the café located on Grandstand Road WR1 3EJ (close to the viaduct) on alternate Monday mornings at 9:30 - unless otherwise notified of a different start point/time. The schedule of rides operate the whole U3A year from September to August.
2. The groups are open to any U3A member who is of good health and fitness who is capable of cycling a distance of 25 to 35 miles at an average pace of 10 to 12 mph. If any new members wish to have a trial ride to assist in their decision on which group to join, then they are welcome to join a ride.
3. We sometimes have an "out and about" ride, where we start from a different location away from Worcester. On those occasions you will need to transport your bike to the start - so if you have a bike rack for your car so much the better. If you are able to take more than one bike plus rider, let the nominated ride leader know!
4. Rides are mainly on public roads and the back lanes of Worcestershire and Herefordshire. Members of the group are encouraged to act as ride leaders and to try and explore new routes around Worcester.
5. The rider’s bike must be well maintained and roadworthy with sufficient on-board tools and spares to fix minor jobs, such as a puncture, whilst out and about. The appropriate safety helmet and bright cycling clothing is also considered essential.
5. The Group Leaders will inform members of each Group as to who is the nominated Ride Leader in good time and will be published on the U3A website.
6. We also stop towards the end of the rides for a refreshment break and a natter!
Long Cycle Group Leader and Contact: Jeff Clayton
Welcome! Our rides are approximately 25-30 miles in length and the pace is 10-12 mph, but we keep together as a group. Occasionally the distance may be as much as 35 miles. The average riders per ride is about 12.
Ultra Cycle Group Leader and Contact: Bob Yuille
Welcome! Our rides are approximately 30 - 40 miles in length and the pace is 10-12 mph, but we keep together as a group. Occasionally the distance may be as much as 50 miles. The first ride for the year 2019/2020 is on 25th November 2019 at 9:30. Thereafter, the rides will be every fortnight from this date up to the end of August 2020. The average riders per ride is yet to be ascertained!
Jeff Clayton & Bob Yuille
|Dates for your Diary|
|Mon Dec 16th||Long Ride: Leader - Bob Yuille|
|Mon Dec 23rd||No U3A rides planned for this day|
|Mon Dec 30th||Long Ride: Leader - Bill Douglas|
|Mon Jan 6th 2020||Ultra Ride: Leader - Jeff Clayton|
|Mon Jan 13th 2020||Long Ride: Leader - Cyril|
|Mon Jan 20th 2020||Ultra Ride: Leader - Bob Yuille|
|Mon Jan 27th 2020||Long Ride: Leader - Richard Dobson|
|Mon Feb 3rd 2020||Ultra Ride: Leader - Steve Workman|
|Mon Feb 10th 2020||Long Ride: Leader - Tony Bass|
|Mon Feb 17th 2020||Ultra Ride: Leader - Bob Yuille|
|Mon Feb 24th 2020||Long Ride: Leader - Gordon Dobson|