Music, Health and Wellbeing
At Elgar Music Centre,16-20 Deansway, Worcester WR1 2ES.Thursday mornings at 10:30 -12:30 a.m.
Leader and Contact: Sarah Chater
My name is Sarah Chater, I am a retired music therapist and also trained as an energy field healer. However I am passionate about the use of music to facilitate well- being and trust, these sessions will prove beneficial to all participants.
This new group will give participants an opportunity to discover the proven benefits of music and sound on our bodies .
Some of these are listed below
- Music makes you happier – it facilitates release of the happy hormone dopamine
- Music strengthens learning and memory
- Music lowers stress hormone, cortisol
- Music boosts the immune system when you actively participate in music making
- Music increases verbal intelligence
- Music reduces depression
- Music helps you sleep better if you listen to music for 45 minutes before bedtime
- Music enhances running performance ….
Whilst many of us may not be regular runners, the benefits from these sessions will go some way to bolster our confidence and we do not have to be musically minded in order to participate.
The sessions will include practical opportunities for playing instruments or singing, we will fine tune our listening skills, we will learn sonic quick-fixes for reducing stress, or improved concentration, we can learn to make sounds for reducing pain, or clearing mental clutter.
Learning about sound as audible energy brings connection to mind and emotions through rhythm, harmony and pitch. Above all, through experiencing vibration we start to understand more about consciousness, enhancing a greater connection with ourselves and our innate spirituality.
Our first session will be on 6th February 2020, maximum 8 members