Welcome to Wolverhampton u3a
Welcome to Wolverhampton u3a and thank-you for showing an interest
Monthly meetings are restarting on Tuesday 26th October at 2.00pm at our new venue: SPRINGDALE CHURCH HALL on Warstones Rd WV44LF. This has a large car park and is on a direct bus route.
It is hoped that meetings will continue to be held at 2.00pm on the fourth Tuesday of each month.
For further information contact any Committee member by clicking on Contact above or Chris Collins on 01902 420695.
Some groups are trying various ways to keep in contact during the crisis. Please see Groups page for a list of active groups.
The following web pages will tell something of what we are and what we do.
- If you are retired from full-time employment, looking to stretch your mind, extend your social life and take part in some enjoyable activities then Wolverhampton u3a may be just what you’re looking for.
- We are part of the national u3a (known as the Third Age Trust) but we are an autonomous, self-help, organisation offering educational, creative and leisure opportunities in a friendly environment.
- Our membership is currently around 300. The membership fee is £12 for the year. This covers all interest groups and you can join as many as you wish. Details of the monthly meeting fee below.
- We run a monthly meeting on the afternoon of the FOURTH Tuesday of every month(except August) at 2 pm. This usually includes a talk of general interest with time for conversation over refreshments. We meet in the hall SPRINGDALE CHURCH HALL on Warstones Rd WV44LF . This has a large car park and is also on a direct bus route.
NOTE this is a change of Venue as the Friends Meeting House will not be available. This also means all our future monthly meetings will at this new venue. NOTE also that our membership year now runs from April to March.
- You would be very welcome to attend and give us a try. Give Chris Collins a call if you need more details (01902 420695)
- You could also try one of our interest groups listed on another page. Just click on Groups then click on the group of your choice for details. Once again there is no obligation to join us but use any of the groups as a ‘taster’. Have a look at our other pages to find out more.