About our u3a
u3a stands for University of the Third Age but we are NOT about qualifications and we are NOT a university in the normal sense of the word. University in our case means we are a group who wish to learn, enjoy and share knowledge and skills with each other. There are NO exams or awards.
- We do believe that many of us upon retirement can still offer to pass on to other learners some of our knowledge and practical skills but that there are also many of us who just want to enjoy and participate in areas of interest to us.
- Either as a teacher or a learner it is a two-way street to the benefit of us all.
- The interest groups are run by the members for the members. We are always looking to expand the type and number of these groups(see group page) and would welcome ideas for new groups.
- We also have groups that meet for just social events.
- Wolverhampton u3a, formed in 1996 is coordinated by a committee elected by the members.
- We welcome new members and a membership card listing events and our monthly talks is issued, on payment of the £12 annual membership fee.
- Prospective members may attend any group on a sample basis prior to joining.
- Trips and days out take place from time to time.
- The best person for an initial enquiry would be Chris Collins on 01902 420695 or, to make contact by email, click on "Send a message" at the top right of this page.
Wolverhampton u3a Committee 2021 - 2022
|Chair and Membership Enquiry:||Chris Collins||01902 420695|
|Vice-Chair and co-editor, newsletter||Di Tordoff.|
|Secretary and editor, monthly digest||Neil Moreland.|
|Groups Coordinator & New Members' Greeter:||Eleanor Dunnett.|
|Speakers' Secretary||(TEMP) Mo Johnson.|
|Newsletter Editor:||Margaret Taylor|
|Minuting Secretary:||Mary Warwicker|
|Membership Secretary:||John Sheard.|
|Elected Member:||Tess Fitzsimmons|
|Elected Member:||Julia Hood.|
|Elected Member:||Shirley Bolland.|
- If you wish to contact the committee, please click on the Message button above.
SUMMARY OF Wolverhampton u3a Membership
Membership costs £12 per year. At monthly meetings we pay £2 (£2.50 for visitors) to cover room hire, refreshments and speaker costs. Interest groups cover their own, usually small, costs. Please note the 2018 data protection rules apply. Your data is secure and only used for u3a administration.
Membership printable enrolment forms can be obtained by clicking the link on this page or from Chris Collins(above). Interest group coordinators also have copies of this form.
Your membership entitles you to join as many interest groups as you wish.
We also produce a regular newsletter to keep us all in touch.