To contact the Groups Coordinator Click on the "blue bird" link on the right hand side and send an e-mail.
This page lists information which may be relevant to a number of groups and especially the convenors of groups and others arranging specific meetings.
Attached are following documents:
- Guidelines for Convenors & Group Leaders
- Expenses guidelines and claim forms
- Information of Insurance Cover provided by Third Age Trust
- Third Age Trust Handbook for Group Leaders
Other locally accessible publications
- Time to Learn booklet has recently been produced by Third Age Trust and .... copies available from Groups Coordinator. This is well worth reading - all sorts of ideas from real experience of leading U3A groups.
Support from Third Age Trust, www.u3a.org.uk, 020 8466 6139 Mon to Thurs 9.00am to 5pm (Fridays to 1pm). The Third Age Trust is the national representative body for the U3As in the UK which provides a wide range of support for groups. U3A members need to register to get access to the following:
- Sources Journal is the Educational Bulletin of the Third Age Trust distributed free to U3A members who request it - this is published 3 times a year and all back copies can be accessed from the members section of thier website. These are about 20 pages long and each one has a main theme with recent ones including Science, Languages, Gardening, Music and History
- Subject Networks Study Group Leaders are working together to share ideas and materials. Each Subject has a Coordinator whom you can contact directly. In some cases there is also material available online that you can use or adapt to meet your needs. There are over 30 subject networks covering topics including Art Appreciation, ICT Awareness, Languages, Local History, Science Technology and Society, and Walking
- Resource Centre the National Office has a collection of non-book material available to all U3A groups to borrow free of charge except for the cost of return postage. There are slides, videos, cassettes, DVDs and CD ROMS available in a wide range of subjects. Individual subject lists are available from the Resource Centre on request and the whole catalogue is available on the web site with an ordering facility. One has to first register with the Resource Centre as a user either by telephoning between 9.30am and 4pm on Tues to Thur, or online. Bookings can be made 9 months ahead and loans are for an initial period of 3 weeks.
- National Office Leaflets There are various leaflets available free of charge for a single copy. If you require multiple copies please Contact Us at The National Office for a price. Leaflets cover various topics including starting a group and IT.