News and Events
Open Meetings scheduled for third Thursday of each month are currently suspended on health grounds.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
Message from the Membership Secretary
Find more details on renewing your membership in this Membership Renewal Process letter.
• Members renewing by post should enclose their existing membership card and a stamped addressed envelope for its return.
• I will be taking membership renewals from home as soon as Covid restrictions allow, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between 11am - 4pm. Please bring your old membership card with you for updating.
• There’s no need to fill out a membership form to renew this year. If any of your details have changed (e.g. address, phone number, email address) let me know when you renew.
• Payment is by cash or cheque made payable to Whittlesey u3a. For members who renewed last year, renewal will be £10.
NEW MEMBERS 2021-22 must fill out a membership form - click on New Members link to print one out. If you do not have a printer, I will have some forms at my home (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between 11am - 4pm when restrictions are eased.)
• New members fees will be £20 for year 1st April’21 - 31 March’22 and £15 from 1st October’21 - 31st March’22
I look forward to seeing you all in the near future.
Irene - Membership Secretary
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
Open Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each Month at CHILDERS, Station Road, Whittlesey, starting at 2:00pm. Here latest news of our organisation is given out, including updates from interest groups, before a guest speaker or a musical item takes over for around 45 minutes, followed by a raffle for cash prizes.
Refreshments are served and you are invited to visit group tables, book theatre trips, browse the notice boards (which now include members' items for sale) and socialise with other members. There is a book and jigsaw exchange and books are on sale from our Creative Writing Group, the Whittlesey Wordsmiths, including their two anthologies and other publications of group members. (See Our Writing for a complete list.)
Open meetings finish at 4pm.
Prospective new members are invited to attend Open Meetings on a single occasion before making any decision on membership. We will be pleased to see you.
Future Open Meetings will be listed below.
Please see Groups pages for scheduled group events. (New members should contact group co-ordinators before turning up to a regular meeting, in case the group are out on a visit that week.)