Due to the renovation works at the Memorial Hall, our monthly meetings on the 4th Thursday afternoon of each month will take place at other locations around the village - see below for confirmed details. They start promptly at 14.00 and will normally finish by 16.00. The dates, speakers and topics for the coming months are detailed in 'Dates for your Diary' below.
- January - November meetings: please arrive by 13:45 to sign in and get seated for a 2pm start.
- Christmas Party: doors open at 2pm – please do not arrive earlier, you won’t get in!
For a small fee (£2.50 per meeting), visitors may attend two Thursday meetings (excluding the Christmas Party and AGM which are for Members only).
Members who require Carer support are welcome to bring their Carer to all meetings, including the Christmas Party and AGM.
Got an idea for a speaker?
If you have any suggestions for speakers, please contact our Speaker Coordinator – to send an email either click on the eagle above right or visit the Contact page, or chat at a Speaker Meeting.
Missed a meeting during lockdown? If so, catch up here:
- 28 May 2020: Sandy Walkington - The Arc & Arc (St Albans and Hertfordshire Architectural and Archaeological Society)
- 25 June 2020: Fools Gold - The Zoom Show, some of their favourite songs and the stories behind them
- 27 August 2020: Emma Williams: History of The Marie Curie Charity and it’s position during the Covid 19 pandemic
|Dates for your Diary|
|Thu May 26th||George Lockwood - "An organic gardener, plantsman and gardening consultant"|
I learnt my trade many years ago at Capel Manor College Enfield Middlesex.
|Thu Jun 23rd||Fools Gold - Acoustic Folk Music with a Jubilee Cream tea!|
|Thu Jul 28th||TBC|
|Thu Aug 25th||Sarah Slater – “Working with the Ghosts of Hampton Court Palace”|
|Thu Sep 22nd||Meet The Groups Day|
A sociable meeting for existing and to which members of the public are welcomed. The aim is to showcase what our u3a has to offer. There will be displays by groups, videos, and refreshments (with homemade cakes to tempt you!)
|Thu Oct 27th||Dr Geoffrey Copland - "Climate Change"|
Updated information following on from his Zoom presentation last year
|Thu Nov 24th||Roger Gibbons - "Butterflies of Britain and Europe"|
|Thu Dec 8th||Your Committee presents Christmas!|
Social Event with food, wine and fun organised by the Committee