This page will give you information on how to join our U3A and how to update you records if you are already a member
Membership subscription for 2019 is £12 (£7 from August) and is renewable on 1st January each year.
There are 3 ways to join or renew your membership as detailed below. First some important information to read before joining/renewing.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
All members must:
- Abide by the Principles of the U3A movement.
- Always act in the best interests of the U3A and never do anything to bring the U3A into disrepute.
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the constitution.
- Treat fellow members with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Comply with and support the decisions of the elected committee.
- Advise the Membership Secretary of any change to your personal details or
- update them yourself via the ‘Members’ Portal’ using the link opposite
- To store it securely for membership purposes
- To communicate with you as a U3A member
- To share with group leaders for those groups that you are a member of
- To send you general information about the Third Age Trust (the national organisation to which U3As are affiliated)
HOW TO JOIN OR RENEW
To become a member or to renew your membership to Weymouth & Portland U3A follow the actions below.
Existing members may renew from November each year.
New members can join online by clicking on membership application.
New members joining in November or December will be charged the subscription for next year but membership will start immediately. In other words, November and December are free for the first year.
Existing members click on the members portal link on the right of this page.
For both new and existing members you can pay by Paypal or with your credit/debit card.
2) At Monthly meeting
New and exiting members Complete a paper copy of the membership application/renewal form available at the meeting or download using the link on the right of the page. Pay by cash or cheque to the Membership Secretary at the monthly meeting.
3) By Post (Cheque only)
New Members complete a membership application form available from the membership application/renewal form link on the right of this page and post with a cheque for £12 (£7 from August) in an envelope. Send to the membership secretary (address on membership form) together with a SAE.
Existing members complete a membership application/renewal form and write your name and membership number on the back of the cheque. Send the cheque and form to the membership secretary. Your membership card will be posted back to you if you enclose an SAE otherwise it will be available at the next monthly meeting.
Updating your details
You can update your details online using the members portal or you can contact the membership secretary.
Any questions or queries about joining/renewing contact the membership secretary
Finally information about data protection and how U3A may use your information.
IMPORTANT: Please read this about Data Protection
Members of the U3A are only asked to provide information that is relevant for membership purposes and can be assured that the information is used appropriately and for the following purposes only: Name, Address, email address, telephone number and gift aid entitlement. :
• Communicating with members about the U3A’s events and activities
• Group convenors communicating with their members about specific group activities.
• Adding members details to the direct mailing information for the Third Age Trust magazines
• Sending members information about Third Age Trust events and activities.
• Communicating with members about their membership and/or renewal of their membership.
• Communicating with members about specific issues that may have arisen during the course of their membership.
• Sending member information to HMRC electronically (if happy to do so) to support Gift Aid claim.