Membership Renewal for 2021 begins until 1st January 2021
This page will give you information on how to join our u3a and how to renew or update you records if you are already a member.
Membership subscription for 2021 is £12 (£7 from August) and is renewable on 1st January.
If you are a full member of another u3a you can join Weymouth & Portland U3A as an Associate Member on production of your membership card. It is not possible to join as an Associate Member online. Please download the membership application form and join by post or at the monthly meeting.
There are 3 ways to join or renew your membership as detailed below. First some important information to read before joining/renewing.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
All members must:
- Abide by the Principles of the U3A movement.
- Always act in the best interests of the U3A and never do anything to bring the U3A into disrepute.
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the constitution.
- Treat fellow members with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Comply with and support the decisions of the elected committee.
- Advise the Membership Secretary of any change to your personal details or
- update them yourself via the ‘Members’ Portal’ using the link opposite
- To store it securely for membership purposes
- To communicate with you as a U3A member
- To share with group leaders for those groups that you are a member of
- To send you general information about the Third Age Trust (the national organisation to which U3As are affiliated)
HOW TO JOIN OR RENEW
New members can join online by clicking on membership application.
Existing members - click on the members portal link and enter your details. The fields are case sensitive so be sure to give your first and last names an initial capital letter. The system will not accept all lower case or all upper case.
Both new and existing members can pay online by Paypal or with your credit/debit card. NB: PayPal is our support company to pay by card, so keep pressing pay by paypal and eventually you will reach a white screen that gives you the option to use a paypal account or a card.
2) At Monthly meeting
New and existing members can join at the monthly meeting. Pay by cash or cheque made out to "Weymouth & Portland U3A".
3) By Post (Cheque only)
New Members complete a membership application form available from the membership application/renewal form link on the right of this page and post with a cheque for £12 (£7 from August) in an envelope. Send to The Membership Secretary, 16 Old Parish Lane, Weymouth DT4 0HY together with a SAE if you want your membership card posted back to you.
Existing members_ write your name and membership number on the back of the cheque and send to the Membership Secretary at the address above. Your membership card will be posted back to you if you enclose a SAE otherwise it will be available at the next monthly meeting.
Updating your details
You can update your details online using the members portal or you can contact the membership secretary.
Any questions or queries about joining/renewing contact the Membership Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally information about data protection and how U3A may use your information.
IMPORTANT: Please read this about Data Protection
Members of the u3a are only asked to provide information that is relevant for membership purposes and can be assured that the information is used appropriately and for the following purposes only: Name, Address, email address, telephone number and gift aid entitlement. :
• Communicating with members about the u3a’s events and activities
• Group convenors communicating with their members about specific group activities.
• Adding members details to the direct mailing information for the Third Age Trust magazines
• Sending members information about Third Age Trust events and activities.
• Communicating with members about their membership and/or renewal of their membership.
• Communicating with members about specific issues that may have arisen during the course of their membership.
• Sending member information to HMRC electronically (if happy to do so) to support Gift Aid claim.