The thinking behind this group is for people to come together once a month and bring a book to share with other members. It maybe a book you have enjoyed or not but whichever it gives others a choice to borrow it. Book share differs from the traditional Book Club format in many ways:
- First things first....it’s relaxed, informal, and hopefully enjoyable.
- It gives you the opportunity to expand your reading and to read what you want.
- You may choose to share a book you have read recently or many years ago. It can be a classic, Sci Fi. Fiction or non fiction.
- There is no pressure to complete a specified book in a given timeframe.
- It provides opportunity to read books you had not previously considered.
- It’s a good way of picking up ideas for holiday reading.
- There are no costs involved.
- It’s a good way to recycle books if people want to pass them on.
- It’s a good way to share something you have enjoyed but essentially want to keep your book which is returned to you.
- E book ideas also can be shared.
- Any surplus books can be donated to Charity.
While COVD restrictions are in force, group meetings will be held via Zoom, beginning on Thursday29th October 2020 at 8pm and continuing on the last Thursday of the month thereafter.
Group members will agree between themselves how books are to be exchanged safley
If you would like to join the Group please send a message using the Book share group link on the U3A website.
Click on the following link to send a message to the Book Share group.