Sitters in Situ
Click on the following link to send a message to the Sitters in Situ group.
The initial aim is to explore making artwork about people without focussing primarily on facial features - however the group may want to change this! It will rely on the ethos of the U3A in sharing knowledge, skills, interests and experiences - and establishing a WhatsApp group.
- The group leader finds a volunteer 'sitter' for a 3 hour session with substantial rest breaks.
- And discusses with them details. . . how/when/where etc.
- Sitter chooses whatever they want to wear, where they want to sit & when.
- A location is chosen to reflect an aspect of the sitter and could include objects/animals and small scale movement.
- The sitter will have the option to buy any of the work produced.
- Minimum of two artists to attend, maximum depending on space available
- Leader posts a 'call out' with the details on group WhatsApp
- First Come First Served - depending on the number of spaces available
- Artists bring their own materials (drawing/painting/sculpting/printing . . .)
- Also refreshments/adequate clothing/seat/travel - unless advised otherwise
- No instruction will be given & you need not share your work with others!
Any member of the group then volunteers to act as the next convenor . . . . finds a sitter, discusses details, posts the call out etc. . . . and so on.
William has offered to be our first sitter (but is not prepared to do so for 3 hours if, like with Portrait Artist of the Year, you are working from photos!). He will pose, as shepherd with sheep, in an out-building, so that everyone who wants to, can come to our first session.
We don't need a large group on any one day but can have a long list of group members who then are free to sign up for a session that suits them.
If no sessions appear to suit a member then that member will need to volunteer as a convenor and arrange a session that does suit them!
The frequency of sessions doesn't appear to matter and may be erratic.
Since we are dependent on the sitter's availability this is not likely to be a regular activity on a specific day.
We could request Thursday morning 9.45 -12.45 - so as to be accessible to the drawing group?
Members wishing to join this group please contact Olivia (the group leader) via the link on the Sitters in Situ (this!) webpage. You will need to provide her with a mobile phone number that will be used to set up a SiS WhatsApp group.