Churches & Cathedrals
Do come and join us - there are spaces available in this group.
This group studies the architecture and history of some of our churches and cathedrals.
We usually meet on the second Monday of each month 10.00-12noon in St Mary's Centre, when we are not out visiting churches. (Please note change of times.
Answers to the quiz on our board at the drop-in meeting are as follows -
1. Which is the smallest cathedral in Wales Answer - St Asaph’s
2. What is CATHEDRA which is being produced and sold by Blackburn Cathedral Answer - Gin
3. Which cathedral was designed by Sir Basil Spence and Arup Answer - Coventry
True or false
1. St Francis came from Assisi in Portugal - False Assisi is in Italy
2. A lucarne is a window opening in a spire - True
3. A dropstone is a moulding over a door or window to throw off rain water - True
For more details about the group, please contact the Convenor.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Mon Oct 14th||NO MEETING ON THIS DATE|
|Wed Oct 16th||NOTE: CHANGE OF DAY AND DATE|
Visit to St Albans Cathedral - details to follow
|Mon Nov 11th||Visit to All Saints,Marlow & St Peter's Bisham - to be confirmed|
|Mon Dec 9th||social meeting - venue to be confirmed|