Who can join?
U3A membership is not related to a specific age but to a period in life - the third age. Anyone not in, or seeking, full-time employment, can join U3A. There is no lower age for membership.
How can I join?
Come to a general meeting as a visitor, on the second Thursday of any month at the Wellington Methodist Church at 1.30pm.
What does it cost?
From 1st April 2022 the annual subscription will be £14. Existing members who renew between March and May will pay £12. The membership year is from 1st April to the end of March.
There is an entrance charge of £2 for each monthly meeting, which includes tea/coffee/biscuits. Visitors may attend a maximum of three meetings at a charge of £3 per meeting.
What does my membership include?
- general monthly meetings with a wide range of speakers
- interest group activity meetings to learn, discuss and share knowledge and skills
- 5 “Third Age Matters” and 3 “Sources” magazine per year
- an opportunity to make new friends enjoying their Third Age
Wellington, Shropshire U3A Associate Member:
On proof of paid up full membership of another U3A branch, a person may apply for Associate Membership of Wellington Shropshire U3A
The cost of this membership will be:
- For the full year (1/4 – 31/3) – Full Membership Fee minus £3.00
- For a half year (1/10 -31/3) - Half Membership Fee minus £2.00
An Associate Member will have the same benefits as a Full Member except that he/she will not be eligible to stand for election to the Committee.
If you have any queries about joining the U3A please contact the Membership Secretary