- The group meets on the first Friday morning of each month. Most people go and meet up at the start of the walk , usually about 9.45 - 9.50am.
- Each walk is led by a volunteer from the group and should be within 25-30 minutes drive from Wellingborough. The walks are about 4½ miles long and take approximately 2 hours.
- Wherever possible the start and finish is at a pub. Those wishing to lunch at the pub normally order in advance on the day.
- Stout walking shoes or boots are advised.
4½ miles too long? No problem. Check out the page for Strollers with walks of 2½-3 miles.
- Currently we are not having separate Striders walks - if we have more leaders these could resume.
The walks for recent and future months are shown below.
Friday 5 April 'The Stag' at Harborough Road, Maidwell, NN6 9JA
Friday 10 May PLEASE NOTE THE WALK WILL BE ON THE SECOND FRIDAY
Delapre Golf Club, Eagle Drive, Northampton NN4 7DU
(Leave the A45 at Brackmills and follow brown signs)
Friday 7 June 'The Wheatsheaf' at Dallington, Northampton NN5 7HN
Friday 5 July 'The Fox' at Carlton, Bedfordshire MK43 7LA
Friday 2 August 'The Lamb' at Little Harrowden NN9 5BH
Friday 6 September 'The Vane Arms' at Sudborough NN14 3BX
Friday 4 October 'The Half Moon' at Grendon NN7 1JW
Friday 1 November 'The Axe & Compass, Carlow Road, Ringstead NN14 4DW
Friday 29 November 'Delapre Golf Club', Eagle Drive, Northampton NN4 7DU
Please note our December (Christmas walk) will be a week earlier.
Details of the menu (choice of two or three courses) will be available in August/September
I would find it very helpful to have volunteers to lead walks in the second half of 2019, so please contact Peter.
For further Information contact the group leader by phone, details In the Interest Groups Insert